Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Why so up and down  (Read 1353 times)

lemondrop

Why so up and down
« on: October 02, 2018, 02:48:52 PM »

Hello lovely ladies,
Two and a half weeks on evorel conti patch and yesterday I really thought they had kicked in   - slept well had much clearer head , hadn't felt so good in a along while ....well I spoke too soon . Didn't sleep at all last night , foggy head again ( been doing silly mistakes all day ) and anxious . Really thought I'd cracked it and now so upset . Went to dentist and didn't take in a word she said was in a daze .
Has anyone any experience with this ? So I'm so bloody over it .

Lemondrop xxx  :'(

ali 61

Re: Why so up and down
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 03:16:56 PM »

Hi Lemondrop. I've been on Evorel Conti patches for nearly 6 weeks now. But I'm only on 1/2 a patch whilst I build up slowly.

I too have days like yours. But now I have 2 or 3 really good days, followed by a bit of a dive for 1 day.

So I think maybe its normal whilst getting it all into your system? xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 03:18:20 PM »

Little steps.   The body doesn't in general, get where it is suddenly - it needs to take up the hormones that are lacking so it can upset the over-all balance enough to notice changes.

Beaker

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 03:18:29 PM »

Poor Lemondrop!
I found it took at least three months before I knew where I was with my Evorel 75. The HRT really does take a while to settle into your body. Until then, your own hormones' state of flux will still make you feel up and down. It does get better,

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 04:32:08 PM »

Sorry to hear this lemondrop - as the others have said it takes a while for your body to acclimatise so do give it a few more weeks yet. If the side effects don't settle then come back to us and we can advise you what to do before going back to the doc. Good luck! How far post-meno are you?

Hurdity x

paisley

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 04:42:10 PM »

Hi Lemondrop
I think it is 2 steps forward & 1 back when you first start a new HRT. I started Evorel .5 patches yesterday. I think it just takes time for your body to settle. Xx

lemondrop

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 05:18:53 PM »

Hi Hurdity (and everyone  ) ,

Thanks for the replies . Hurdity , it will be a year this month , the last I saw was pms symptoms and slight spotting which came after 12 months with nothing ( doc said I had to start counting again !).

Having not really had any troubling symptoms , a  month ago they suddenly became VERY troubling , really put the wind up me so went to docs and told her I thought I had dementia ( I know, right ? ) , so here I am . ( also no sleep , seemingly constant flushes and some night sweats ).

I suppose I naively thought Hrt would just work in a linear  fashion like antibiotics or something . Silly me, eh ?

Lemondrop xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »

Not silly at all  ;)