Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Estrogel dose?  (Read 1074 times)

donnacrichton

Estrogel dose?
« on: September 26, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »

After a few years on patches I found out I wasn't absorbing great so decided to give the gel another go. Fist 4 weeks on 2 pumps and flushes kicked in. Was told to increase to 3 pumps as had been on 150mcg of patch. I'm now 8 weeks into 3 pumps and struggling. Still getting flushes  but getting headaches every day breasts are really painful  and burning sensation on skin & back. This is normally when my levels go high I get these symptoms so really confused. I know to give it 12 weeks could the breast pain be my body isn't balanced out yet I'm trying so hard to try and give this dose a chance . I'm getting tearful and can feel myself starting to stress about it. X

Bring me Sunshine

• Menopause really isnt that bad. said no woman ever
Re: Estrogel dose?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 06:18:47 PM »

Hi Donna

So sorry to hear its not going well on estrogel.  Are you under an NHS menopause consultant that you can speak to about the symptons if the dr isnt that well informed.   The estrogel did not start to work for me until I was on 4 pumps i.e 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening and within 2 weeks I was well and have continued to be since February this year.  However I know we are all unique and that may be too high for you.  When I wanted quick expert advise on the gel I emailed Heather Currie via this menopause matters website.  It cost £25 but was the best money spent and have since been back to her on another occassion, no further charge.  Hope that may give you something to consider x

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:32:15 PM »

Hi I do have a great consultant on the nhs but not got an appointment until November. He always say go by how I feel but don't want to adjust the wrong way.  I'm trying to keep it in perspective but struggling at 3. I also got advice from Dr Currie who was the one to suggest trying the gel again and increase by symptoms 

allie007

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 06:38:11 PM »

Hi Donna,
I'm in a similar situation to you, i started on 1 pump of Estrogel in March this year and after 2 weeks on it I felt 16 again. Ive been lucky in that I've never had a hot flush but I was getting awful headaches which were lasting up to a week, i was exhausted from about 2 in the afternoon but couldnt sleep through the night and feeling very down and anxious. All this disappeared but then after a few weeks it all came back so I upped my dose to 2 pumps. All good after a few weeks but the symptoms started again so I  gave it a while longer but then upped it to 3 pumps. In July the chemist gave me Estrodose rather than Estrogel which I couldnt get on with so Ive been back on Estrogel now for about 6 weeks and this last week Im feeling shattered again early afternoon. I dont know whether its temporary and is normal to have a bad week or if i need to up it to 4. My GP surgery is not the best, ive requested blood tests a few times but they keep telling me no point,  so since my initial tests showing FSH levels of 70 in March I have no idea where I am. Great advise from Bring Me Sunshine, i might just get in contact with Heather Currie too. Sending hugs and best wishes x

donnacrichton

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 07:07:07 PM »

She is lovely i contacted her when my consultant was off sick and estrogel was her suggestion. I am trying really hard to get to 12 weeks. The last twice I have got near the bottom of the canister and I think I have had less of a dose. This  has happened twice and not sure if this is a factor or I'm grasping at straws x

SueLW

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »

Have you tried using 2 pumps in the morning and 1 pump in the evening to spread the effects out a bit?  On 2 pumps in the am only I was getting a lot of palpitations and other symptoms in the evening (not flushes, they have not been a problem for me).  When I saw a new HRT doctor a few weeks ago she said I could use 3 or 4 pumps a day depending on how I felt, but to split them.  So I now take 2 in the am and 1 in the pm and I feel much more even and don't get sore breasts.  My levels were less than yours, 44, when this new doctor tested me.  I'd been on a different type of HRT for 3 years but it had stopped working.  At some point I will probably try 4 pumps to see what difference it can make, but for now I'm happy on the 3 split doses, even with an awful bug that has laid me low.

Ladybt28

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 02:08:35 PM »

Ive been having trouble with oestrogel dose and had questions - can't get it right but splitting the dose seems to be a thing so I'm going to give it a go - the answer's in your posts - thanks ladies.