Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Yes lubricant  (Read 5107 times)

suzysunday

Yes lubricant
« on: September 26, 2018, 03:48:34 PM »

Is Yes lubricant OK to use with an applicator for general comfort like other shop bought lubes?  Do theyou help with general dryness if used regularly?

SEU666

Re: Yes lubricant
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 05:21:37 PM »

I use the YES moisturiser that you can get in an applicator and have a tube for outside use.
 I started on Estriol cream a few months ago now and have found I've not needed the moisturiser as much, but initially I found it good for relieving some of the dryness.
I have thought to use the applicator from the Estriol cream to see if I can use the tube of YES moisturiser up...but haven't tried yet.

suzysunday

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 06:00:00 PM »

Yes I thought to try that. How often did you use the Yes internally before you started the Estriol?

SEU666

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 04:50:14 AM »

Sometimes every day or every other day. I tried Replens as GP suggested first but it didn't suit me, then I tried the YES  moisturiser which left me feeling less dry and sore.
For me, the Estriol cream has done the job well and I use it twice a week, and a dose of YES in between the dose if needed, which is not every week.

Hope this is of some help Suzysunday, there's also threads on the forum about Vaginal dryness and the use of Vagifem.
xx

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 09:06:21 AM »

I tried replens and it was horrible. Thanks for reply, it's very helpful.

SEU666

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 11:37:13 AM »

You're welcome, I hope you get sorted out soon and are more comfortable xx

suzysunday

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »

Just got some Yes wb lube  and looked at reviews on amazon and concerned that some women report stinging and uti'so with the new formulation.   Really worried and scared to use it now as I've just got rid of a really bad uti and don't want to risk another or ANY more irritation down there.

SEU666

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 05:07:10 PM »

I think there's a difference between the lubed and the moisturiser.
The lube for immediate use for ‘Rumpy Pumpy', as my mate puts it (though she highly recommends Sylk for that) and the YES VM moisturising gel.
 I've used the moisturising gel and only found it stung after once when I'd scratched myself. Otherwise I've found no irritation at all, only soothing when used outside when it was really hot and I was so sweaty, and internally with the applicators.

Have you thought to try Estriol cream or Vagifem?
From what Dancinggirl has said and others it can help with the vaginal soreness and problems with the urinary tract too.

Maybe look up on the forum as there's quite a few posts about vaginal and urinary problems.
xx

suzysunday

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2018, 06:43:00 PM »

I have the Estriol but could do with something else. Been taken off hrt after a biopsy for post meno bleeding and waiting for results. I did a patch test on my arm with the yes wb and came up in a nasty red rash, so I can't use it.

SEU666

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2018, 06:59:25 PM »

Oh my goodness, never dreamed of doing a patch test. How awful for you!

Can GP let you use the Estriol cream more often if you need a little extra??
I use twice a week, but have added a half dose a couple of days in a row  before I was due to do a long ride (I ride a motorbike to work each day and was getting very uncomfortable). I had to drive in the summer as I was unable to ride for more than an hour due to soreness outside and internally. I had a 5-6 hour ride to a Rally on holiday. I was so upset.

Maybe use Estriol cream every 2-3 days or ask about Vagifem as many ladies seem to use it every day. Estriol cream a bit messy but, for me, is doing the job ok, so don't want to change.
When I was with GP and I said 4 days was too long, he said use every 3 days. But now settled into using day after patch change and seems good.

suzysunday

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »

Yes I need to get it all sorted after I have seen the consultant about the biopsy. It's all taking forever and the atrophy is hard to manage.  Wouldn't like to ride a motorbike! Hate having this VA.

SEU666

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2018, 05:32:06 AM »

Wishing you all the best Suzysunday, let us know how you get on with the consultant about the biopsy. Hopefully then you can get some help with the VA.
From what I've read I've had it very mildly, but it was still very uncomfortable.

Take care xx