Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Kidney scan on Friday,scared what they might find  (Read 4291 times)

Lisa1966

Re: Kidney scan on Friday,scared what they might find
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »

Hi shadyglade,
The dr that did the scan said that everything looked normal,so no stones or cancer,which was a huge relief,just need to find out what is making kidney function decline,I did read somewhere that estrogen can do that,but I don't know,I have another blood test on the 10th Oct to check it again,so will wait to see how that turns out. Thank you for asking xx

Conolly

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »

Hello Lisa1966,

Glad to hear your kidneys are fine. I had a scan recently and one big stone was found.
Do you take any medication or supplements besides HRT? I've found that I've been overdosing on vitamin D, which is actually a hormone and not a vitamin!

Conolly X

Roseneath

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2018, 04:54:19 PM »

Connolly. That is interesting. I started taking Vitamin D as I read it was good for mood but within 24 hours I had some really weird symptoms; heart felt like it was vibrating and anxiety up. I think you have to be very careful with Vitamins; especially things you get off the internet which may contact anything in. Apart from Boots MultiVits and Glucosamine I am ditching the Vits now. The GP was pretty sure they messed up my liver enzymes results last year after I have taken a Menopace ' cure all Meno Vit/Min solution. When you are down there is a tenancy to try anything  but you should really be careful.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2018, 05:00:26 PM »

Good news on your scan Lisa.
Phew, bet you feel relieved..

Let us know how you get on with your other investigations.

Good luck babe,
Jd xx

Lisa1966

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 05:58:20 PM »

Hi conolly,I take 225mg venlafaxine,propanalol,omeprazole,simvastatin,odd spray of vit d xx

Jillydoll thanks babe xx

Shadyglade

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2018, 06:28:56 PM »

That's a relief
I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it.

Take care.

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 07:09:16 PM »

Glad your scan looked normal Lisa1966. You are taking quite a cocktail of meds there so maybe all of these together are having some sort of negative effect? Good luck with the blood tests and hope you feel better soon - I am sure you feel relieved after your scan results. Take care...

Hurdity x

Conolly

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 07:42:10 PM »

Hi conolly,I take 225mg venlafaxine,propanalol,omeprazole,simvastatin,odd spray of vit d xx

Jillydoll thanks babe xx

Thank you, Lisa. It's unlikely that these meds are messing up with your creatinine clearance test, unless you are taking a high dose.
Before my kidney scan I had an altered test but 2 months later, it came normal. The Nephrologist thinks it was due to dehydration. I think the hot flushes and sweats may have contributed. Do you remember taking a good amount of water before the tests?
Are you taking propranolol for high bp or anxiety? What's the dosage? Altered kidney function could happen on high doses.
Simvastatin actually can help kidney function. Is it keeping your cholesterol levels under control?
Venlafaxine could be causing this but it's a very rare side effect.
Why the vitamin D spray is odd? How much is it supposed to deliver in IU? As I mentioned before, vitamin D is a hormone and could contribute to high levels of calcium in blood which can overload the kidneys and arteries. If you take a vitamin D supplement you should also take vitamin K2 and magnesium (my mistake was not taking them).
Do you have any other blood tests results?

Conolly X

Lisa1966

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 08:17:04 PM »

I have to hang my head in shame,I don't drink water,only to take meds.
I'm taking propanalol for anxiety 40 x twice a day.
They haven't rechecked my cholesterol since putting me on statins.
Had low vit d earlier on this year was treated but just thought I'd top it up,it's 3000iu,last blood test was 111.
I forgot to mention I also take 45mg mirtazapine xx

Conolly

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 08:56:32 PM »

Well, lady, I have to say I'm glad you take so many pills or you were going to be seriously dehydrated! Try to drink at least 8-ounce glasses of water a day.

That dose of propranolol is not much, so it's unlikely to be the culprit. I don't know about mirtazapine. Why are you taking 2 anti-anxiety meds?

If your vit D levels are in nmol/L, then I think they are too high, particularly if you're not taking vit K2 and Magnesium.

Conolly X

Lisa1966

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »

😂😂 that did make me chuckle,I'm sorry I know I need to try harder,but I hate the stuff,I do have about 6 mugs of tea a day,does that count?
I'm on 2 anti depressants as I nearly got sectioned last year due to severe anxiety and depression,off work for 8 months,lost 3 stone,to scared to be on my own,hell on earth xx

Conolly

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2018, 09:32:42 PM »

Thank goodness for the tea! Of course it counts  ;D

I'm sorry you've had such a bad time with anxiety, are the meds working?

Conolly X

Lisa1966

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 10:07:51 PM »

Thank you,yes I think so,I'm managing to function now so that's the main thing xx

Shadyglade

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 06:24:36 AM »

Do any of your meds list kidney problems on the patient info sheet. If so I might be worth dropping one or changing it.

Unfortunately GPs cannot be aware of all the side effects of every drug so we have to be super aware.

Letmein

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »

A bit of a different issue but I've had issue with a very low heart rate leading me to see a cardiologist. My heart is fine thankfully but the doctor said I needed to drink a lot more.

It led me to do some reading to find that dehydration was common problem with the menopause because of the sweats but not only. I don't really suffer from sweats but I do feel a lot better since increasing my water intake and giving up caffeine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3