Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Stopping HRT how long before HRT out of body  (Read 1399 times)

Wagon

Stopping HRT how long before HRT out of body
« on: September 15, 2018, 02:56:45 AM »

Hi
I have been told I must stop HRT due to breast cancer,  I would like to know how long it takes for your body to clear all signs of HRT ?    and When are the withdral  side effects  likely to kick in?
Thank you
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:33:23 PM by Wagon »

Shadyglade

Re: Stopping HRT
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 07:38:32 AM »

Sorry to hear about your troubles. This is not my area of expertise but I am sure someone will be along soon to help you.

I have found a website with some useful info though.

www.breastcancercare.org.uk
This site also has a forum
 :hug:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:40:48 AM by Shadyglade »

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »

I'm just bumping this up to the top as I think it's important that those who can help wagon don't miss it.

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 02:14:16 PM »

My symptoms kick back in at around a month after stopping HRT but take 3 months to get back to where they were when I started. I'm not sure how quickly it clears from the system though.

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis wagon but I  hope your treatment goes well and is not too difficult for you.

You might like to change the title of the thread to include the fact you need to know how long HRT remains in the system? Makes it more specific.

Taz x

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 05:00:10 PM »

Bumping this again.

pepperminty

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 08:48:26 AM »

Hi, just thought i would post that it may be worth exploring still using/ or introducing Vagifem or equivalent with your doctor. I know many ladies with breast cancer who are still using it for prevention etc of vaginal atrophy, as the dosage is very low. Wishing you well.

Pepperminty

Wagon

Re: Stopping HRT how long before out of body
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 09:29:52 PM »

Thank you for your replies,  all much appreciated,  I will explore vagifem as I have never heard of it.  Tried to change main topic title without success.
Regards Wagon
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:32:14 PM by Wagon »

pepperminty

Re: Stopping HRT how long before HRT out of body
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:50 AM »

Hi wagon,

I have just seen this. I have copied and paste the below, with the link. If you put it in your search bar the site should come up.  I hope it is of some help.

"I'm Liz O'Riordan, and I'm a Consultant Breast Surgeon. Ironically, in July 2015 I was diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer at the age of 40. I started a blog to help me come to terms with my cancer diagnosis, and now formally write and talk about my experiences. This led to me being nominated for a 'Woman of the Year' award in 2016.

I have co-authored 'The Complete Guide to Breast Cancer' with Professor Trisha Greenhalgh. It covers everything you need to know to empower you during treatment, and is packed full of all the tips and tricks we learned along the way. "

http://liz.oriordan.co.uk/CancerBlog/moving-on/?post=let-s-talk-about-sex

Pepperminty xxx

aspie65

Re: Stopping HRT how long before HRT out of body
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »

I weaned myself off it very gradually and found that slight symptoms returned quite quickly but I didn't 'fully revert' till about 3 months.  If you can't take HRT investigate Clonidine for hot flushes ( a non hormonal very old method for helping with this) and pregabalin for sleep, anxiety and aches and pains.  Sorry you are going through this.