Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: CBT for hormonal anxiety  (Read 5956 times)

Kathleen

Re: CBT for hormonal anxiety
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2018, 01:42:44 PM »

Me again ladies.

Dangermouse - thank you for the explanation about how CBT can be helpful. Interesting stuff, I might have to give it a whirl!

Take care.

K.

Tempest

Re: CBT for hormonal anxiety
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »

DM, Dr. Claire Weeke's refers to this as 'the first fear and the second fear'. It's how we react to those physical sensations that creates a more powerful anxiety 'loop'.

I am sticking with the withdrawal model as this is the 'trigger' during menopause - and amplifies everything else. The website I quoted really is excellent and it doesn't matter WHAT you are withdrawing from, the central nervous system is disrupted just the same. It's how we support and nurture ourselves whilst our bodies and minds adapt that counts. 

We know HRT doesnt stop the menopause - it's still taking place in the background and if we stop it there may be a return of symptoms, as well as losing the various possible benefits of add back estrogen and/or testosterone. This is why finding a perfect fit, all of the time with HRT is damn nigh impossible unless you are very, very lucky. Those with the severest menopause symptoms seem to be the ones for which this balancing act is the hardest, sadly.😥

Personally, right now having taken stock and having a long chat with the Hubby last night I am working on resting my CNS so that I can take stock as to what my next move may or may not be once I have seen my Gynae and Menopause Clinic. I need to be in the best possible position to make a measured decision.

I'm avoiding all stimulants, stressful and stimulating situations as much as possible and using the supportive care tips from the website I linked to. It may seem piecemeal, but it's the best I have right now instead of chopping/changing or adding more things into the mix and potentially creating more chaos within my body and mind. My psychiatrist likes to call this a 'wash out period', and I think that's pretty apt.

Having said that, i'm not avoiding 'life' though and had quite a pleasant afternoon out with Hubby today. Yes - I had some scarey adrenal surges but there is nothing I can do to stop them by fighting or worrying about them, so for now i'm just letting them 'be'. I guess this is what mindfulness is. I really can't let this thing take any more away from me than it already has. xxxx

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:58:52 PM by Tempest »
Pages: 1 2 [3]