Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Insomnia and eye sensitivity  (Read 892 times)

susan01

Insomnia and eye sensitivity
« on: August 25, 2018, 05:35:08 PM »

Since Summer and the long heatwave I have had trouble sleeping, to the point where I am lucky if I get an hour every night. Some nights I don't sleep at all, even though the heatwave has finally passed. Around about the same time, I've started developing a sensitivity to bright lights. Even after a night where I have managed some rest, my eye sight still feels strained. I'm thinking this is a drop in one of the two hormones. Does this sound familiar? Can anyone help?

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Insomnia and eye sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 08:32:25 AM »

Hi susan01
I too suffer sometimes with problematic eyes.
They seem to go blurry, are sensitive to bright lights like you say, and are so sore
sometimes when I go to bed, they're stinging.
Not sleeping is a major factor, but also, if I ‘ up' my hrt, it improves, but then ,so does
my sleeping, so it seems to me it's all to do with lack of hormones.
I've been referred off to the meno clinic, and I'm going to get my thyroid checked.
Just to see if that's got anything to do with it, sore blurry eyes are a symptom of a
thyroid problem. Amongst others. So that might be something you can check out too.....
Maybe you should try some kind of drops in them, optrex spray is supposed to be good.
It's the dryness that makes them sore......

Good luck anyway,
Jdx

Annie0710

Re: Insomnia and eye sensitivity
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 10:22:42 AM »

I suffer nocturnal dry eyes, and evenings too.  As I am a contacts wearer I use special eye drops for evening and a gel one for bedtime x