Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Keep pinching myself, no headache  (Read 1801 times)

CarryWarry

Keep pinching myself, no headache
« on: August 25, 2018, 10:52:34 AM »

Happy Saturday all, and I hope you are not feeling too dreadful today...

To be honest I had a boozy day with friends yesterday but am so utterly delighted at the moment because Estrogel is working it's miracles and I am headache free AGAIN today despite my hangover fog!  I have had a few days now where I am feeling like a different person for the first time in two and half years and this has made me so utterly relieved.  I feel like the sun in coming out and feel so much brighter in a my mood due to the headache relief and more oestrogen.  So after much trial and error I feel like I am finally getting there.  Keep persevering everyone.

I read yesterday that Estrogel can kick in by 2 weeks and that has DEFINITELY happened for me.  It'll be 2 weeks on Monday and I think it worked as soon as a week for me, despite being a larger lady (5ft 10 and chubby chops).  I am over-joyed to have finally found what appears to be the right mix.

Evorel 75 mcg and three pumps of estrodose/estrogel daily, alongside minera coil....hoorah - I love you.  I hope this post might help anyone with headaches as transdermal is the way to go.  Thanks once again to the lovely ladies on here for helping me find this out. x :D

Mary G

Re: Keep pinching myself, no headache
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »

CarryWarry, that is fantastic news, you must be so relieved to finally be rid of those debilitating headaches.

Low and fluctuating oestrogen is very often the cause of migraines and headaches so it is wise to ensure your levels never become low and to have a two pronged approach i.e. patches and Oestrogel.   Like you, I need very high levels of oestrogen to feel good and fire on all cylinders.

The lift that oestrogen gives really is life changing isn't it?  I'm so pleased for you and long may your success continue!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »

Hi CarryWarry

Glad it seems to be working for you - headaches are really debilitating. Long may it last but hope you don't have too many hangovers ::). I find HRT and alcohol don't mix very well and I can only tolerate a small amount - but I am small...

Hurdity x

Mustard1

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »

HI CarryWarry & MaryG - were you prescribed the high amont of oestrogen.  I  am currently on 1 pump plus Everol Conti 50 and am still very low with anxiety.  I managed to get a phone appointment with my Meno Dr on Thursday and she was happy for me to use another 1/2 pump and I got the feeling that she was unconcerned if I need to go higher.  She seemed very confident that oestrogel would lift what is going on.  On reading both your posts it seems that higher doses of oestrogel work for you both.  I take it that Everol 75g is the higher dose of the Everol Conti 50.  My situation is getting a bit hopeless - just can't lift either the anxiety or depression and this is the first time I have ever suffered so pretty sure it is hormonal.  I would really appreciate your thoughts.  M xx

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 01:36:44 PM »

Mustard1 - Evorel Conti has norethisterone in it as the progesterone element and it could be this which is not suiting you. Evorel 75 is just an oestrogen patch.

Mustard1

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 02:22:52 PM »

Thanks Dotty - I have my next phone appointment at the end of September so will mention this then.  Just need to get through the next 6 weeks.  Aghhhhhhhh.   Mxxx

Mary G

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 03:22:55 PM »

Mustard 1, this is just my own personal experience but to be honest, Evorel conti would do more harm than good for me and wouldn't even get close to relieving menopause symptoms but I should add that my body decided to reject all forms of artificial progesterone post menopause.  Norethisterone is a very strong form of progesterone and I once had 5 silent migraines attacks in one day while taking the oral form.

You obviously tolerate it reasonably well but it sounds like it's wiping out all the positive effects of the oestrogen.   I would suggest you increase the gel until you get to the point where you feel significant symptom relief and your mood has improved.   Because you are on continuous progesterone you might bleed but it's a reasonable trade off for feeling better overall. 

You could consider switching to Oestrogel and Femseven patches  which have a better tolerated form of progesterone.

Re high oestrogen levels, it's something I was left to work out for myself sadly.   My gynaecologist suggested I reduce my oestrogen dose some time ago and it was a complete and utter disaster.   The idea was to avoid heavy periods but the result was dreadful because I felt bloody awful and had a cycle of migraines during the progesterone phase.   I am categorically never, ever going there again.  When I told my gynaecologist about it at my next uterine scan she was truly horrified and said 'oh no, that wasn't the idea at all'.

I think it's difficult to understand if you have never experienced the lows of progesterone intolerance and the wonderful normality of oestrogen.  In my case, the contrast is very stark.

I'm sure you will feel much better with a higher dose of gel but give it a couple of weeks to work.  I would try the patch with two pumps of gel.

Mustard1

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2018, 03:27:38 PM »

Mary G - thank you so much.  M xx

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »

Hello CarryWarry.

Earlier in my meno journey I had daily headaches which finally resolved after three months, never to return. This was before HRT and I'm sure they were hormonal.

You are fortunate to be prescribed a large amount of oestrogen and I hope you continue to do well.

Take care.

K.