Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: hot flushes are back and feeling vey low  (Read 1556 times)

crazywomen

hot flushes are back and feeling vey low
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »

Hi ladies i havent been on for a while but really need some support i started on hrt in January this year estrogel 2 - 3 pumps aday and 100mg utrogestan days 1 to 25 i started to feel like normal again but around 4 week ago the flat mood started i really have to push myself to do anything my get up and go has got up and gone .i am tired all the time and the hot flushes have started up again . I went to see the dr last week but came out feeling no better she was a new dr who told me it wont be the hrt sent me for bloods and told me if nothing showed up on the blood test i didnt need to go back. I hate feeling like this part of me wishes i never started on the hrt i have booked another appointment on friday with a dr who i have seen before .

Mustard1

Re: hot flushes are back and feeling vey low
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 07:05:59 PM »

Hi Crazywomen - is there anyway you could get an appointment with a menopause clinic.  `Many GPs simply don't have the education on menopause and are almost fumbling their way through it.  My GP put my on diazepam and anti-depressants believing this was the right thing.  He still doesn't really believe its menopause even though the HRT as helped far more than the anti-depressants albeit I still have anxiety.  Flat mood and hot flushes sound like menopause - simple.  I hope you find someone to help you. 

crazywomen

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:36:54 PM »

Hi mustard can't really afford to go private will have to see how I go with the dr on Friday just want to feel happy again I put a good front on in work but can't be bothered at home good job my hubby and kids love me

Traceylr

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:59:20 PM »

Hi there crazywoman ,
Sorry to hear you're feeling like this hope my info may be useful for you. Im on estradot patches 50mcg changed twice a week. I also take utrogestan which I now take (past 3 months) vaginally daily at Nighttime. I used to take it orally which for aprox 8 months worked well but ... the side effects  flat mood especially as well as complete loss of libo were awful. Switching to vaginal use had a dramatic effect and I now feel really well on thus regime. I did have one period type bleed and some spotting when I switched ( im having a uterine scan next week just as a check to ensure the utrogestan is doing its job) . It may be worth a try swopping the way you take the utro . There are apparently less side effects ( which I can 100% vouch for in my case) due less utrogestan absorbed systemically  and more hitting the spot so to speak uterine wise. Taking it vaginally isnt licenced in the uk but it is used this way on the continent. May be worth considering? Hope this is helpful and you get some help from the other gp.

crazywomen

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:11:50 PM »

Hi Tracey thanks for your reply do you have to ask your dr about taking it vaginally and don't mean to be crude but do you just push it straight up

Traceylr

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 08:33:04 PM »

Hi there crazywomen,
Firstly havent told my gp that I take it this way as I had a hell of a time getting it prescribed in the first place ( refused! ) so saw a different gp at the practice. I decided to change the way I use it after reading advice on this fabulous forum and reading lots of research articles regarding using it this way.I used to push it up with my finger but I dont think I got it in high enough as it caused some irratiation which I thought was thrush , so  I bought a applicator a long slim tube with a plunger thats used for inserting oetrogen into the vag the capsule fits perfectly into the end of it. It has to be as high as you can insert it . This had helped , no longer get irritation .athe capaules disolves ( @ 20 mins) but I administer it at bedtime anyway. There is also a bit of discharge in the morning but its minimal.
There is lots of literature regarding the use of vag utro and the uterine ‘first pass' re absorbtion mainly around its use for infertility purposes but there have been a few studies regarding hrt use . The most important thing is to monitor the thickness of the uterine lining to ensure its keeping it thin ( and healthy)  hence the need for scans . Really hope you get sorted. I will post again regarding the results of my scan .

Traceylr

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:43:12 PM »

Hi again
Try googling :
The impact of micronized progesterone on the endometrium: A systematic review.
It was posted on here but I dont know how to get the link to you but hopefully someone else will read this thread and flag it up for you .

crazywomen

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »

Hi ladies i have been to doctors this morning bloods were ok, she said the hrt i was on wasnt controlling my syptoms and has changed me to femoston conti i cant start it until i have finished my days 1 to 25. Has any body else got experience of femoston conti

Mustard1

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 02:32:37 PM »

HI Crazywomen - I just picked this up.  I don;t mean a private Menopause Clinic there maybe a Menopause Clinic around you area and if that is the case I think you GP should be able to put you in contact with them.  However, I live in Scotland, so it maybe different.  However, definitely worth investigating.  M xxx