Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: BHRT after Benzodiazepine withdrawal  (Read 1566 times)

ibrjohnson

BHRT after Benzodiazepine withdrawal
« on: August 16, 2018, 11:32:22 PM »

Went thru benzo withdrawal in 2013.   It stopped my periods cold in Jan of 2015.  I have suffered thru the last 3 years with a sensitive CNS.  In Jan my sense of smell and libido nose dived.  I also started suffering dizziness and inability to move quickly.  Told the Doctor I wanted to try BHRT.  Started two weeks ago on .5mg divigel. I am alive again. The doctor and I agreed to hold on the progesterone until I see how I tolerate the estrodial.  God, I am alive again.

HOW DO I NAVIGATE PROGESTRONE??  I am terrified to fire off those GABA receptors.  Anyone here know how to help??

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: BHRT after Benzodiazepine withdrawal
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 03:20:18 PM »

If I understood your short forms I might be able to  :-\

BHRT?
CNS?

My sense of smell certainly altered whilst I took The Pill.  I could smell garbage.  Nowt else  >:( but didn't realise until I stopped taking The Pill.  So hormones do have an impact on the sensory facalties.  [sp].  I don't remember food tasting any differently ......... though the two are linked.

:welcomemm:

racjen

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 05:14:50 PM »

Bio-identical HRT, Central Nervous System.

ibrjohnson, I have the same issue as you, am withdrawing from diazepam for the 2nd time in 6 years and I know there's an issue with GABA receptors and progesterone but to be honest I don't really understand it. I think Tempest knows a lot more about this - you could try messaging her.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 11:17:45 AM »

:thankyou:  racjen ..........

ibrjohnson

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 03:58:46 AM »

racjen - thanks for that.  I am going to start the progesterone tonite.  I think I saw you on benzobuddies??  I am 4.5 years out.  I will try to contact tempest.  The pharmacists say it does not directly affect the gaba receptors.  Only indirectly.  We shall see.  Will update.