Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does anyone actually get on OK with Oestrodose?  (Read 5138 times)

Saffy

Does anyone actually get on OK with Oestrodose?
« on: August 15, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »

I'm due to collect my second 3 month prescription of gel on Thursday and dreading the palaver trying to get my hands on Oestrogel. I'm very reluctant to use Oestrodose due to the discussions on the Oestrogel Vs Oestrodose thread and elsewhere on here but wondered if there is actually anyone who has been happy with Oestrodose? Have you tried both and found them equally effective or have you always used only Oestrodose?

Annie0710

Re: Does anyone actually get on OK with Oestrodose?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:05:50 AM »

Always give it a go, the only problem I had was itchiness on my back, but I am severely allergic to many things x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:51:08 AM »

I've always used Oestrogel but lots of people are fine on Oestrodose. Try it and see. X

Annie and Daisydot.... just want to say that your posts are always kind, thoughtful and to the point . Keep posting xxx

CarryWarry

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »

I'm due to collect my second 3 month prescription of gel on Thursday and dreading the palaver trying to get my hands on Oestrogel. I'm very reluctant to use Oestrodose due to the discussions on the Oestrogel Vs Oestrodose thread and elsewhere on here but wondered if there is actually anyone who has been happy with Oestrodose? Have you tried both and found them equally effective or have you always used only Oestrodose?

I have just started Oestrodose and never tried any gel before (have tried many other HRT options over the last 18 months, tablets, patches).  I've only been using it for a week but I know it's made me feel significantly better than anything else I've tried, I wonder if I am absorbing it better and it suits me because I'm over weight.  So far it's working well for me and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I think for me it's helped significantly with my headaches, which is so important for me.   I feel I many have finally found my answer.  *keeps praying* .  I can't compare it with Oestrogel though as never tried Oestrogel.  Sorry if this isn't much help.   :)

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 09:53:05 AM »

I've always used Oestrogel but lots of people are fine on Oestrodose. Try it and see. X

Annie and Daisydot.... just want to say that your posts are always kind, thoughtful and to the point . Keep posting xxx

Aw Dotty thank you so much !
My meno experience is somewhat different to the norm (no womb, ovaries disappeared, 2nd meno etc) but I can resonate with so many women and if I can ever help, or reassure, I will xxxx

Annie0710

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 09:55:31 AM »

I have just started Oestrodose and never tried any gel before (have tried many other HRT options over the last 18 months, tablets, patches).  I've only been using it for a week but I know it's made me feel significantly better than anything else I've tried, I wonder if I am absorbing it better and it suits me because I'm over weight.  So far it's working well for me and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I think for me it's helped significantly with my headaches, which is so important for me.   I feel I many have finally found my answer.  *keeps praying* .  I can't compare it with Oestrogel though as never tried Oestrogel.  Sorry if this isn't much help.   :)

I'ts an extremely helpful post carrywarry and I'm so glad you posted a positive post for oestrodose xx

allie007

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »

Personally i didn't but like the others have said give it a go, especially as you have nothing to compare it to.  If it works for you then thats fabulous!  Some poor women on here struggle for so long trying to find something that works. Good luck and hope you continue to to feel better! Xx

Tempest

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »

As they say - suck it and see!☺ You may very well get along just fine. There is no 'one size fits all' when it comes to menopause and HRT. Good luck! xxxx

aspie65

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »

I have tried both and not noticed any difference. 

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 01:08:11 PM »

Just in case you think that Estrodose is different to Oestrogel, Hurdity looked into this, even contacted the manufacturer that makes both these products and the actual gel is exactly the same in both products - just different packaging.
Apparently it is also just a difference in the name for different countries.
DG x

Saffy

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »

Thank you all so much for your replies!

I guess I'm a little nervous as I was on Estradot patches over 18 months, gradually increasing, and my oestrogen levels never rose above 100 (also tried Evorel but was allergic). Oestrogel hasn't been much of a miracle for me either (possibly v. slight improvement-ish, I'm now at 3 pumps) and I'm due another blood test in a month or so. If I have to change to Oestrodose then I won't be testing the results of the Oestrogel IYSWIM. I'm getting exhausted of all of this (as well as being just, well, exhausted!) and impatient to get it sorted now  ::).

I'll try the practice pharmacy first as they won't make me pay until they order it in and I see the product!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 03:07:52 PM »

Saffy - Oestrodose and Oestrogel are exactly the same product but under different names. DG x

Saffy

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 04:34:22 PM »

Yeah, I know that's the official line but it doesn't seem to be reflected in everyone's subjective experiences and I think they are worth listening to as well (in this instance anyway)  :).

grumpyjane

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »

I have tried both and not noticed any difference.

Me too aspie x

Dollydream

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2018, 05:39:44 PM »

Hi
I was quite happy on oestrodose when my repeat prescription turned up with oestrogel, weirdly enough right in the middle of the estrogel shortage.  My only thoughts are that I found estrogel was more thicker in consistency and I wondered if it was more concentrated as it seemed to coincide with my spotting starting again which I had under control with the right measure of oestrodose.  I have since given both up but would go for oestrodose over oestrogel if I went back.  I would say give it a try as we are all so different and it may just suit you, how will you know until you've tried it yourself.
Dolly x
Pages: [1] 2