Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogel and vagifem  (Read 2292 times)

jessieblue

Oestrogel and vagifem
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:47:58 AM »

Hi Ladies.  After my recent UTI and subsequent complete meltdown, I visited the private gp service again.  Yes, that right the private clinic because my own doctor could not see me for 2 days and I did not want to see the nurse again as I believe my situation is more complex than the nurse is used to dealing with so I wanted to speak to a doctor re HRT etc.  My private gp was lovely.  My urine dip was clear although I was still having some urgency frequency and burning symptoms.....I can get those randomly anyway.....I just finished a week of trimethoprim and she gave me another in case I get another infection and cannot get to a doctor quickly.  She prscribed the vagifem as my prescription hadnt turned up that she posted....it has now....sods law! and oestrogel to use alongside.  I also had a flucanazole tablet as she examined me and said i was quite sore down there which I assume is from thrush as it feels all gnarly like that.  I used the oestrogel but just started with half a pump to get used to it and judge the side effects.  I just wondered will oestrogel be like systemic HRT?  IIs it biodentical or is it a bad type?  Would it be sufficient without the vagifem, I am scared to use them in case they irritate as the ovestin did and cause more problems or give me another UTI.  I will try them but want to feel settled down below before I add another thing.  Im in a nervous place about all this stuff so apologise for asking lots of similar questions and being a general pain.  It sucks being this pathetic!  Thanks once again. xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel and vagifem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 11:53:21 AM »

Localised HRT won't cause a urinatry tract infection.  It may sting a bit as the area is so dry.  The skin may become thin and itchy too.  Try the Vagifem or you won't know.  LIVE yoghurt can be useful if there is evidence of thrush which thrives on sugars: eaten and applied  ;).  Insert the yoghurt down there whilst laying down on a thick towel .....it's cooling if nothing else.  Eaten it cleanses the digestive tract from top to bottom.

Which symptom do you want to ease first?

jessieblue

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »

Oh CLKD I just want it all to stop.  I guess Im not sure if I have thrush or UTI. I just feel so uncomfortable today, sore dry no itching but just feel raw.  I need to pee when I dont but dont have burning or anything when I go.  I took the flucanazole yesterday and today it feels mor irritable.  I was feeling so good down there to be honest until I used the damn ovestin.  Im sure it couldnt cause a uti....and no baceria showed up but lots of WBC.  Could I just have had irritation and inflammation from it without an infection maybe?  It was so immediately after I used it directly around my urethra.  I thought it would be good to start using there to fend off infections.....oh the irony!  My foo foo seems so easy to upset.  I never used to get thrush after antibiotics.  IIm taking probiotics anyway and eat some live yoghurt most days anyway.  I just applied some more YES and some mana nature candidals which is so soothing.  Ugh. being a woman sucks. xx

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 04:59:08 PM »

I use Estrogel, 3 pumps a day plus Vagifem Every night, it has transformed my life as I had horrendous VA.
Just go for it, you are suffering and it's needs sorting, you can easily stop if it doesn't suit you.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 05:07:45 PM »

Of course you want some relief but the body takes a while to uptake moisture.  4 me it was like razor blades up there  :o but treatment sorted it within 2 weeks.  I know if I don't continue with it!

WBC is common on urine tests.

Get some LIVE yoghurt on it ?  ;)