Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Elleste Duet, and periods  (Read 1468 times)

Sunny99

Elleste Duet, and periods
« on: July 14, 2018, 08:46:56 PM »

Hi

Started on Elleste Duet a month ago to help suspected perimenipause (palpitations, dizziness, foggy head)  and few days into my second pack and my period (still normal) not kicking in. What is kicking in however is nausea, vertigo and palps still there. So, am I feeling crap as my period not kicked in? Will it start? Are the palps and vertigo feelings normal?

Thanks

Hurdity

Re: Elleste Duet, and periods
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:40:49 PM »

Hi Sunny99

Your post got missed over the weekend as lots of members were busy!

Were your periods irregular before starting HRT or had they become few and far between? If so sometimes it takes a while for periods to settle into a pattern once you start HRT (I presume you are on the type with two different tabs ie two weeks of oestrogen and 2 weeks of oestrogen + prog?). Also some women don't get a bleed even on cyclical HRT. Are you on 1 mg? Nausea can be an indication of high oestrogen - common in peri - and some women continue to get nausea on tablet HRT. If it continues then maybe swtich to a transdermal route - ie a patch? Not sure about the palps - these are usually a menopause symptom and can be due to low oestrogen, I presume you've had them checked by doc? Not sure about the dizziness - just keep an eye on it I would say and hope you feel better soon :)

Hurdity x

Sunny99

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:36:37 PM »

Thanks for replying.

Period finally came and was regular before. Doc prescribed because of symptoms I listed to see if would help. Palps been checked out by cardio, but still worries me. Now just feeling like vertigo and nausea so wondering if I need these pills or not. So hard to work it all out 😬

Tiddles

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »

Hi Sunny99

Elleste Duet GAVE me the symptoms you describe during the progesterone phase. I switched to Femoston sequi 1/10  which has a different progesterone, easier to tolerate. All my meno symptoms including those you describe have, thankfully, gone.

In my 4th month on Femoston now. Since the 2nd month, my period has arrived each time the day after I take the last pill ie first day of the new cycle.

Hope that helps xx

Sunny99

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 08:29:43 PM »

That's great to hear that you had the same symptoms and have now sorted them out, mJesme feel that there is some hope this will all pass!