Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Ovarian cysts  (Read 2331 times)

Woodlands

Ovarian cysts
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:00:58 PM »

Hello ladies.
I have been having monitoring of ovarian cysts for two years, I'm 55, mirena coil for four years, my CA125 cancer marker blood tests is always clear.
But! New cysts now measuring half an inch, both sides, some new some slightly smaller.
Anyone else in this position, curious to see what symptoms you have too???.
Thanks
Woodlands

Otes73

Re: Ovarian cysts
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 09:23:28 PM »

Hello!

I've had many ovarian cysts mainly due to Endometriosis. The largest measured 10cm. I had a lot of pain in my lower pelvis and when I lay down it pressed onto my bladder. I also got pain down the front of my thighs.

I had them removed twice but recently had my ovaries removed as they had adhered to my colon.

I think if the cysts aren't too large of causing too much pain the doctors prefer to do watchful waiting as frequently they do disappear although mine never did!

Are you having symptoms?

MummyClanger

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 07:45:04 AM »

Hi I have ovarian cysts that are being monitored. I'm 51 have a Mirena coil too (had one for 14 years for contraception ) first scan showed 4cm cyst symptoms that led to scan was bloating and lower abdominal pain. Had ca125 test twicr that's clear. Couple of months after initial scan cyst had shrunk to 2cm I think but another on right ovary found. Both are simple cysts and don't contain any solid matter. I'm due to go for four monthly scan in August so will let you know!  Hoping they have shrunk or disappeared. Forgot to mention that bloating may also be caused by HRT patches I'm taking Evorelle 50mcg as it coincided with increasing HRT so may not be due to cysts. Also have IBS which can cause bloating just to complicate matters.

Roseneath

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 10:04:21 AM »

I had a 6cm cyst. Worried me too. Monitored for 6 months and then next scan it disappeared. GP said they are very common in peri and most people have them without realising. Try not to worry. I wasted so much unnecessary time worrying.

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 10:26:29 AM »

I have one on each ovary 3cm each been there for many years I dont think they are able to disappear after menopause, they are fluid filled and clear. I have no symptoms with them, and would not know they are there if not for the annual scans.

Woodlands

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »

Thanks ladies
Woodlands x