Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Livial Tibolone side effects - do these ones wear off?  (Read 1747 times)

Kikie

Livial Tibolone side effects - do these ones wear off?
« on: June 30, 2018, 08:38:22 AM »

Hi.  Ive been on Boltin (Tibolone, aka Livial) for about a week or so.  Until I started I had been losing weight easily with a sensible diet regime.  Now, still on the diet (lifestyle change so constant), but I'm putting on weight rapidly.  Will that stop? If it doesn't I will be a blimp in a month!

No signs of any improvement in mood or energy yet. If anything I feel a bit depressed.  Will that pass? I know its early days but I just want some hope for a lively, trim future.

Dancinggirl

Re: Livial Tibolone side effects - do these ones wear off?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:12:58 AM »

Early days yet. The body has to adjust and settle. Some fluid retention can happen at first.
I found this out as sleeping much better within a couple of weeks on Tibolone but unfortunately I developed nasty acne on this so went for the Mirena with seperate oestrogen in gel form and this proved the least problematic. DG x

Mand11

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 08:43:57 AM »

Hi

I've just been started on Livial 3 days ago after 3 months prostap for pmdd, Since starting I've been totally floored with fatigue , muscle pain and weakness! I literally can't keep awake for long at all. Has anyone else experienced this ? I'm hoping it just needs to get in my system as I've been reading some of your posts and they seem really positive regarding this HRT ?  :-\

Emerald2017

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »

Livial was the first hrt I tried and it was too weak for me! It made a difference regarding my symptoms but I didn't feel ok on it. My gyn suggested it at first cause he thinks that is safer than other types of hrt but unfortunately it didn't suit me. Hope it helps.