Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt side effects - huge boobs.....can I switch back to cerazetts  (Read 2464 times)

Jo16!

Hi please can you help, was on Elleste for a month but had hideous bleed huge sore breasts and pmt. dr moved me to Kliovance and breasts still massive. I was on cerazette for years and thinking of switching back after only 2 1/2 weeks on Kliovance. Side effects are AWFUL, will I be unwell switching back to cerazette

Dancinggirl

Re: Hrt side effects - huge boobs.....can I switch back to cerazetts
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 04:52:30 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Jo16

do tell us more about yourself - age, what were your periods like before starting HRT, what meno symptoms are you suffering with?   

It sounds as though you are not post meno yet so shouldn't be on a conti HRT.
It may be worth stopping all hormones for a few weeks to see how you feel?  Kliovance is a conti HRT so includes progesterone all the time and this can certainly give more side effects. If you are not truly post menopause then you need a sequential HRT anyway but wherever you are in your meno journey, it's often best to start with a sequential HRT and put up with monthly bleeds.   You need to use any HRT type for at least 2-3 months before switching, as it often take 3 months for the body to adjust and settle.
Cerrazatte won't help meno symptoms as it is progesterone only and if you are getting menopause symptoms like flushes, then it's oestrogen you need.
Keep posting. DG x

Having a Mirena fitted and then use oestrogen as patch or gel alongside can be the best option if you want a non bleed  HRT regime.

Jo16!

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »

Hi I am nearly 52, was on cerazette for 10 years with no bleeding, went to gp to see if I was menopausal as had intermittent hot flushes but low mood libido and foggy brain, tired and anxious (tho anxious anyway so hard to tell if a symptom or not.
Dr said any hormone levels would be difficult to assess as on progesterone only drug but fsh was 39 so I was def menopausal. Put me on Elleste Duet which was hideous worse mood huge swollen boobs and horrific period after a month, so she then switched me to Kliovance which I have only been on for 2-3 weeks but have had spotting which is Ok, don't feel any better but huge swollen painful breasts. I know early days on it but I can t live like this for 3 months until it settles down. Wondering if I should just switch back to cerazette for a while?? Help

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »

I would definitely try a sequential hrt. I suspect you are not fully post meno and you are still producing some hormones yourself. Try Femoston 1/10 first as it has a kinder progesterone.
Also consider the Mirena as an option. DG x

Jo16!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 06:31:42 PM »

Hi thanks for the advice
I did try Elleste for a month but it was worse so think I will come off everything or go back on cerazette and see how I go 😟 it's so complicated

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 05:39:30 PM »

I'm back on sequential, bloating & boobs are slowly subsiding, feeling much better but still need to shift some weight. Conti just isn't for all of us.

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 10:15:31 AM »

I agree I would try a sequential HRT and maybe a patch or gel with separate progesterone? Cerazette depresses oestrogen levels (while you still have a cycle) so not ideal as it can make you feel worse re meno symptoms and perhaps start them earlier (not sure about this)?

Hurdity x