Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How Do You Know If You Are Progesterone Intolerant?  (Read 5519 times)

Tempest

Re: How Do You Know If You Are Progesterone Intolerant?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2018, 10:09:53 PM »

Have you always been prescribed a conti regime, Kathleen? If so, I didn't realise that! As I said before and as others have also said, I would speak to your new Consultant about at least trying a sequential (preferably long cycle). It might be just the ticket! Good luck.😊 xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »

Hi, Hurdity.

Just want to comment that I was interested to note that your flushes came back on Sandrena.

As you know, I spend a lot of time elsewhere online talking to ladies balancing HRT who are in surgical menopause (some for many years post surgery).

The experiences they share are that it is not nescessarily the amount of estrogen, but the delivery method and fluctuations that cause flushes. Your body had got used to a regime of continous dosing over a 3.5 day period with the patches, and then you switched to daily dosing with Sandrena which would of course have caused disequilibrium in what your body is used to.

I'm betting this was your problem, not nescessarily the amount/strength of the preparation. xxxx

Thanks for your comments Tempest. I don't want to hijack the thread by talking about me but also might be relevant to Kathleen as well? Yeah I was aware the estradiol gets into the body in different ways with the two methods - but when I swapped I asked the GP for 1.5 mg which was the "equivalent" - (I know this is very variable) to 50 mcg (or rather 62.5 which I was on) but she said I should try a lower dose due to my age - and as she was also prescribing testosterone on NHS for me I went along with it! After a month flushes and sweats began to come back so I increased to 1 1/3 sachets for a week but then had to see GP again about the T so decided to get back to an even keel and return to patches.

For others reading - I imagine it needs quite a while to adjust from one method to another and you don't know whether it is the dose or the system because of your own personal absorption pattern!

Kathlneed don't worry about asking again - I know you want to listen to all perspectives on this but I think we are all saying the same re the cycle ve conti! Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2018, 04:18:04 PM »

Hello Stellajane, Tempest and Hurdity.

Thank you all ladies for your comments and Hurdity don't worry about hijacking my thread, infact be my guest!

I have an appointment tomorrow evening at a meno clinic run by Dr Imogen Shaw. I am so worried about my health that I plan to throw myself on her mercy and beg for help ( in between sobs probably ).  I take your point ladies and I will ask about a long cycle. I'm afraid that I've been going downhill of late and I need a fresh start.

I will update the forum on Wednesday and hopefully I'll have something of interest to report.

Thanks again ladies for your time and interest in my case. I am grateful to you all.

Take care.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2018, 04:45:35 PM »

Kathleen - please don't discount the fact that you might just need a higher dosage of Oestrogel. I know I seem to be the only person who is saying this but it worked for me. Also consider testosterone. Good luck with your appointment x

Lanzalover

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »

Hi Kathleen

Sorry to hear you are still having problems.

I would try long cycle suits me much better than conti.

Hope you get the help you need tomorrow, do let us know how you get on.

Good luck

Lanzalover x

Lisa1966

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 05:51:56 PM »

Hi Kathleen,
Good luck for tomorrow,hope you get the help and advice you need,

Lisa xx

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 06:27:40 PM »

Dotty - I was just saying that before considering an increased dose it would be valuable to try the same dose on a cycle first - ie not saying it definitely was not needed, just not yet!

Good luick with the meno clinic appointment Kathleen and yes please do let us know and hope all will be well :)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »

Hello Dotty, Lanzalover, Lisa1966 and Hurdity

Thank you all ladies for your responses. I take the point that there are different regimes to try but the consensus seems to be use enough oestrogen to control all symptoms and as little Utrogestan as possible. I think I've got that right!

I will be seeing my Consultant this afternoon and I will of course report back.

Thanks again everyone, your support means a lot.

K.

Dotty

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 11:30:20 AM »

I'm sure your consultant will know what to do Kathleen.  Hope it goes well x

Kathleen

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »

Hello Dotty.

Thank you very much.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]