Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety & Depression Problems  (Read 6569 times)

Jacquiemalley

Re: Anxiety & Depression Problems
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 07:10:19 AM »

Hi, I agree that you should get your hormones sorted out first. HRT is the first-line treatment for low mood in menopause and perhaps that will be sufficient for you.
BUT- HRT (and testosterone) isn't necessarily enough for everyone. I've had severe depression and although getting the HRT right and taking testosterone has helped massively with numerous symptoms, I am also taking fluoxetine. I felt pressured to stop the fluoxetine (by various comments that we shouldn't be taking ADs) so I stopped it a month ago and my mood crashed so I've had to restart.

In a nutshell - get your hormones sorted first but if you are still suffering with low mood and/or anxiety despite that, an antidepressant can literally be a life saver. x

thats my experience too.. I've tried several times to come off my ad, depression and anxiety are so hard to sort. My HRT is great for everything else. I now am back to a low dose Citalapram with my HRT( Mirena and 75 oestrogen patch)

Daisydot

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 07:31:34 AM »

Good morning Wilks and Mrsjam,you should never feel pressured by other people's input regardless of what it is I'm so sorry to hear that,remember there only opinions at the end of the day you do what you know is right for you,mental health isn't something to be guessed at if you feel you need or want ADs you do that don't let anyone pressure you into stopping them either,yes hrt is great in it's place but it's not the be all and end all.Im so sorry you've felt this pressure don't bow to it do what it takes to keep well ladies and best of luck from me xxx

Wilks

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 07:33:32 AM »

Thanks Daisydot,
I hope you are ok, I saw something about you having a tough time recently x

Daisydot

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2018, 07:50:47 AM »

Hi Wilks yes I'm fine thank you I just have my blips too I guess. I find it quite difficult to introduce new things or to up my intake when there's so much conflicting advice out there,I'm just so sensitive to everything I'm usually one of the 10 in every thousand that has the side effects or reactions lol.
I'll just keep plodding away and trying to get that balance same as everyone else it's not easy is it.Im fortunate that I don't have the progesterone worries that most of our other ladies do as I've had hysterectomy,I still have my problems but it could be worse as I've seen on here.
It's a definate though when my stress levels go up like this week I take a dive so I need to work on that one.thank you again and stay well Wilks xx

Wilks

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 08:10:41 AM »

Hi Daisydot,
I found that I had loads of side effects from meds too, which is why I went for years without antidepressants or painkillers, but my GP persuaded me to give the fluoxetine another go. He said “you can't live like this”, and he was right.

Daisydot

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »

Wise Gp Wilks their a rarity lol.I always think go with your instincts,like lots of ladies here I had many years of mental health issues and some horrific treatments along the way that I'd never ever wish to repeat again so as I say you do what's right for you and don't be pressured by anyone.xx

Wilks

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »

I have to say that my GP surgery is very good- both the doctors and receptionists are brilliant. I do realise that they're not all good, from previous experience!

Daisydot

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 08:50:06 AM »

I'm coming to squat with you then Wilks  ;D ;D

Wilks

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2018, 09:23:08 AM »

You are welcome  ;D

Robin

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

Steady on wilks you'll have a stampede. I'm second in line behind Daisydot  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:40 AM »

Can you picture a house full of menopausal women lol we have 8 young women in our immediate family my poor men in the family I do feel for them lol.my bags ready Wilks ( probably be full of bloody hrt no room for much else lol) ty xx

racjen

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 11:52:29 AM »

Yes Wilks, I'd agree with that.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 02:06:45 PM »

Time to crank up the charabanc ?

Daisydot

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »