Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So sick of not feeling well all the time  (Read 4445 times)

Lisa1966

Re: So sick of not feeling well all the time
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 01:34:51 PM »

Thanks Mary,I feel like crap,I just feel like I could sob my eyes out,but I can't,I feel like there is a massive sob caught in my chest,I have no energy and feel so alone with it all.my son is also struggling with anxiety and depression at the moment,he was sobbing on the phone to me last Thursday,this hasn't helped as I feel that it's my fault he is suffering,he does seem a little brighter today.im going to stop the norethisterone I need a bleed as I'm getting irritable and agitated today.ive been taking 2mg of sandrena since Friday,I'm not sure I'm absorbing it very well,been on it 2 months now and not any better,I don't know if estrogel would absorb better or whether to try estradot patches

Lisa xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 02:25:23 PM »

:thankyou:  MG

Sorry Wilks - you probably said that already  :-\

Lisa - let us know how you get on?

Mary G

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 02:38:46 PM »

Lisa, I would definitely recommend trying Oestrogel because it gives you dose flexibility and you can very easily and quickly adjust your dose up or down as necessary giving you maximum control over your HRT regime.   

Don't be put off Oestrogel because of your bad experience with Sandrena, Oestrogel absorbs much more quickly and from what I have read on here it has far better results too. 

warwick01

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 09:43:13 AM »

Hi Lisa

Just to add 10 days on Northisterone is a very high dose. Is that 5mcg's ?? I have always used 7 days 2.5mcg's Northisterone (half tab) and that gives me a good 5 day bleed. I was using 4 pumps of Oestrogel now down to 2.5 pumps. Not symptom free but doing ok

Take Care Wx

Lisa1966

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »

Hi warwick01, I did do 8 days 5mg last month,but this month I've been cutting tablets either into 3 or sometimes 2,they don't cut very easily.i still haven't felt well on them,but I don't feel well all the time really,but definitely worse on the norethisterone days.

Lisa xx

warwick01

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 07:21:35 PM »

Hi Lisa

U can buy a pill cutter on Amazon £3 I use half from day 1-7 every month and works well. Northisterone is the strongest of all synthetic progesterone. 10 days on 5mcg is far too high and is probably contributing to feel unwell. Just to add I have had several scans and all is fine re build up of lining.

Wx

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »

Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough Lisa - it will take a little well for you to feel the benefits of the increased oestrogen dose from the Sandrena.

Re the norethisterone - we have discussed this in detail on previous threads. I can't remember the name of what you are on but as has been pointed out elsewhere you have been prescribed something that is 5 times the licensed dose for HRT (in a combi product such as Elleste where you take 1 mg norethisterone for 12 days per month). As we have said,  this can have negative side effects in some women even at the licensed dose so no wonder you are tearing your hair out!

Do not despair - it is not long until 19th!

However we do not know whether there is a specific medical reason why you have been prescribed this high dose - maybe you have had endometriosis, fibroids, or heavy bleeding (sorry you've probably said and I've forgotten - so many threads, so many stories!!!) and I wouldn't just stop it on the say so of a forum member unless you can;t get hold of a medical professional and you have a symptoms which could be dangerous if left. After all only another couple of days to take it :) (Having said that though it isn't going to do you any harm if you stop....).

Chin-up and make sure you know as much as you can about thre different types of HRT and what you want to change to when you go to your appointment. Go back and look at your other threads as I know you've been given lots of suggestions. When you've decided do run it past us and see what we think!

Hope you feel very much better soon and the increased Sandrena kicks in  ;)

Take care :)

Hurdity x

Lisa1966

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2018, 08:47:24 PM »

Hi herdity,I wasn't given the high dose for any reason,just another clueless gp who had to look in her book,I did mention utrogestan but she didn't know what I was talking about.when I said I had joined this forum,she was unimpressed,said it was only people who are having a bad time that we're on here,I was like hello,I am having a bad time,I was suicidal for 8 months last year,stupid woman we need support and we certainly aren't getting it from gps,who are not qualified to deal with the menopause,and who give the wrong hrts and can't wait to get you out the door.anyway rant over,I think I need some blood tests to see what is going on,and to recheck diabetes and thyroid,and vit d,I also think I could do with a scan to check lining thickness.i am on the waiting list for mirena,but I'm hoping I get to see mr Parsons before that happens.im thinking of trying estradot patch,as u have got on so well with it,and the sandrena takes so long to dry.i did try evorel conti patches but had sticking problems.what do u think? xx

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »

Thanks for filling me in Lisa - I do remember now!

Well we all have our favourite HRT - and it is really a question of what suits the individual and which one you absorb better from. The others say that Oestrogel is brilliant and dries quicker than Sandrena. I have always loved my Estradot patches. I do find they stick well ( provided the application site is clean and dry and not covered in creams etc) .If there is no difference in how you absorb them ( and you won't know until you try) then it is partly a matter of preference. I must say I do find just putting a patch on twice a week very easy and I hated having to apply gel daily - I already do with testosterone but it was a much bigger deal with the Sandrena as it was a much larger amount over a much bigger area.

I hope the Mirena works for you - the great thing is you can then add oestrogen at the right dose until you feel a lot better.

Is it Mr Parsons you are seeing on 19th ? Not long to go now and at least you will be able to talk at length - but pity you have to pay (if it is a private appointment).

Hurdity x

Lisa1966

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 09:20:43 PM »

Hi herdity,I do have to pay as it was the quickest way to get seen,but it will be worth every penny if it makes me feel better,as I am starting to get really low and am frightened of a repeat of last year,as I can't go through that again.thank you for all the support and advice you have given me,it means the world to me. It's a very selfless thing that u do to help all us ladies in distress,and I thank you from all of us,from the bottom of my heart.xx

Lisa1966

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 02:54:00 PM »

Well I did a very stupid thing last night and decided to drown my sorrows,I should know better,won't be doing that again,am absolutely gutted today anxiety and depression lots worse,god I'm so stupid,only got myself to blame,self inflicted misery :'( :'(xx

Daisydot

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 04:09:18 PM »

Who's a naughty girl then  ;D.when I said a milky drink I didn't mean laced with the naughty stuff.
Big deal Lisa you had a blip do not punish yourself over this .get plenty fluids down you,WATER I mean lol.and hydrate yourself and tomorrow's a day nearer your goal so just keep plodding away your nearly there xx

Lisa1966

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »

Thanks daisydot,been feeling very sorry for myself today,but tomorrow is another day xx
Pages: 1 [2]