Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Facial hair  (Read 4677 times)

Juneo

Re: Facial hair
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2018, 02:43:28 PM »

Hinari hot flush hi i didn't tell my sister i didn't want her to feel self conscious, and my husband actually fans better than me lol. It's a pain one thing after another

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2018, 06:48:48 PM »

Hinari hot flush hi i didn't tell my sister i didn't want her to feel self conscious, and my husband actually fans better than me lol. It's a pain one thing after another

Thats totally understandable I get self conscious in case I start looking like Burt Reynolds ;) Joking aside it can be a huge thing to come to terms with.

Juneo

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 07:25:49 AM »

I agree when i turned fifty i was diagnosed with underactive thyroid, I needed glasses and I had been putting up with water infection after water i still am to be honest plus all the symptoms of menapause :'( besides being a mam and wife to four grown up children which in my opinion is harder then when they were younger :-* aches and pains the joy x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »

Juneo - has a urine sample been sent to a Lab. to see if there really is an infection?  Get yourself some vagianl atrophy treatment? do read our various threads ....... some GPs are totally unaware that VA and water infections mimic each other  >:(  ::)

Juneo

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2018, 04:27:09 PM »

Hi yes it came back as a escherichia/coli infection I am seeing a urologist on Friday it's the 5th infection I've had this year

Annika

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 04:33:02 PM »

The flawless finishing touch thing is pretty good on facial hair without pulling and hurting but my daughter who has PCOS has gone through three in the last year as they tend to konk out and break. I wish they could come up with something that was made a little better maybe better to switch to a men's rotary blade.

Hinari hot flush

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 05:41:59 PM »

Hi Annika ive only had one so far but thanks for the warning that it might knok out .

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 07:48:28 PM »

Oohh yes,
This is a recent selfie of myself🦁lol
I have been hairy all my life, but now its well, 🦁🦁🦁
Electrolysis is the only method I have found for permenant removal. Lazer- it grew again!!
All the creams etc - it will re grow
Don't make the mistake i made of plucking!! It thickens them by increasing the blood supply. Get them zapped first off.

Juneo

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »

Can you recommend the electrolysis that you used did you buy a high street one?

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 07:31:23 PM »

Hi,
Yep I bought all the high street ones and guess what!! Didn't work.
These days i get de- furred at a salon 3/4 hour a fortnight. Been doing it for about 2 years
They are now becoming much finer and some have gone completely - but i did some serious damage to the hair for years before- they were like asparagus spears!!
That's why i suggest going straight for proper professional treatment. My mate who did none of the damage got rid of her tash permanently in a year

Tiddles

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 06:54:04 AM »

Hi Juneo
I invested in one of these - expensive I know but a one time purchase.  It magnifies x 10 times and lights up as your face approaches.  Comes with a cable to recharge but only needs recharging about every 3 months.  You can see everything (and be warned, I do mean every scary thing!) without the need to wear glasses.  When I go out I can now feel confident I haven't missed anything that needs plucking, squeezing, wiping off etc.  I went in to John Lewis to try before I bought and I don't know how I managed all these years without it. It also comes with a neat travel case. My 27 year old daughter was so impressed she asked for one for Christmas :-) x

https://www.johnlewis.com/simplehuman-mini-sensor-travel-magnifying-pedestal-mirror/p1787302
Pages: 1 [2]