Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Help! I am perimenopausal 😟  (Read 1325 times)

Rumbamumma

Help! I am perimenopausal 😟
« on: May 28, 2018, 09:09:39 AM »

Good morning,

After many months of moaning I have at last been tested and found out I am very peri menopausal. So far my experience hasn't been great with my doctors. I have basically been told to get on with it because I can't have HRT due to high blood pressure.

The symptoms that really bother me are tender breast, excruciating pain in my hip knees and ankles which maybe a side effect of the blood pressure medication but they aren't keen on that explanation. I also suffer from awful heartburn nearly everyday. I have tried lots of things my doctor has said lose weight, exercise try alternative remedies for symptoms. I take magnesium and sage which has really helped with night sweats.

Any advice will be gratefully received my family have had enough of me!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Help! I am perimenopausal 😟
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:30:05 AM »

Ask for an appt. to a Menopause Clinic?

Browse round.  Make notes.

:welcomemm:

Dierdre

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:33:29 AM »

Have a look at the menu for Treatments and Alternative Therapies and Techniques, there may be something here that can help, There are lots of ladies that cannot take HRT for various reasons and use these so I'm sure they will be able to advise you and welcome to the forum.

Rumbamumma

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 09:43:16 AM »

Thanks ladies I will have a good read over the next few days.  Change is normal but just wish it didn't make me feel like I'm going mad and turning into somebody I don't recognise 🙁

Dierdre

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »

Losing weight can help with the heartburn, but worrying/anxiety is also a cause.  Just try one thing at a time so you know what works and what doesn't.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 02:50:15 PM »

Hiatus hernia is common at menopause, probably due 2 the laxity of muscles.

Rennies - 2 chewed - solves it for me.

AG

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 03:05:30 PM »

Hi,

Sorry to hear your are feeling like this. I have had a recent few months of more severe peri menopause symptoms whereas before I have had minor peri symptoms for years I realise now but they were minor. The thing that really concerned me was that the symptoms of wild hormone fluctuations etc affected my blood pressure and it regularly went up in line with symptoms. Half a year ago my blood pressure was fine. For me blood pressure issue (which has now subsided) was very clearly linked to hormone fluctuations. If I may ask: has your blood pressure increased due to peri menopause? If hormones are the cause of high BP then getting hormones under control may remedy BP also.

All the best, Anna

Rumbamumma

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »

Hi Anna

Thanks for the advice I have always had a problem with unstable blood pressure never really thought there was a link to hormones but it has stopped me using the pill over the years. I will mention when I next go to the doctors but I get the feeling they think I should suck it up and get on with it.

Thanks again, Trudi

Jc Lionhead

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »

Hi can they test to see if your per menopasual?