Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Thinking I need to change to sequi from conti  (Read 1031 times)

Sarai

Thinking I need to change to sequi from conti
« on: May 24, 2018, 03:03:05 PM »

I've been on evorel conti over a year and I'm happy but I've had the monthly spotting all along except when I went down to half a patch.
Hysteroscopy last year didn't gather enough sample but I didn't want another.
Can anybody tell me if sequi is a good idea to get a bleed and be done with this.
Or do you think the prog patch won't work for a bleed.
Is it 2 patches as opposed prog pills?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 04:17:36 PM by Sarai »

Hurdity

Re: Thinking I need to change to sequi from conti
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 07:38:13 AM »

Your post seems to have got missed Sarai -  I was away and have only just seen it. There are so many posts that sometimes they drop off the page very quickly.

Anyway - just to say yes - if you have continuous spotting on a continuous combined HRT after the 6 months and investigations have shown all is well, changing to a cyclical HRT may be the best way - but it is a personal choice.

Evorel sequi consists of 2 weeks of Evorel 50 mcg ( 2 patches a week just as now), followed by two weeks of Evorel conti - the same as you are using now. These contain the oestrogen and the progestogen.

The other things is - you say you had a hysteroscopy which yielded insufficient sample - but was this preceded by a U/S or trans-vaginal scan which gave an indication of how thick the lining was? It is important to rule out any problems if the bleeding continues and usually the womb lining thickness would be a starting point and if the TVS showed any abnormalities?

Hurdity x

Sarai

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 08:51:39 AM »

I've just seen this reply myself.
My ultrasound back in November did show 6.6mm so that .6 was why they tried hysteroscopy. Anyway as I refused a general to try again, nothing was done.
I went down to half a patch and for 5/6 months nothing happened as I went up again the dots returned, so this year I had dots in April, May and July.
Literally one day of dots and all period type symptoms.
My GP says his guidelines say I'm too late for sequi patches as over 2 years post meno.
I'm going insane with the stress of it all.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »

Hi Sarai - I answered on your new thread in this section!

Hurdity x

PS This one
https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,40278.0.html