Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vagifem, Mirena Coil and Estrogel  (Read 4072 times)

Patricia

Vagifem, Mirena Coil and Estrogel
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:45:13 AM »

Hello ladies,
Just a quick query , I have started using Vagifem and I'm wondering now if it is ok to do so with my HRT regime - Mirena coil and Estrogel?
Probably seems a daft question but you know how you can start over thinking stuff and worrying 🙄 ...  Thank you 😘 Patxx

Robin

Re: Vagifem, Mirena Coil and Estrogel
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 09:47:36 AM »

Absolutely! Go for it Pat. Vagifem just gives a small amount of estrogen directly to the area needed it won't affect your regime at all.

Good luck

Robin

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 10:05:55 AM »

Patricia, I throw the whole lot at my VA. As well as the Estring for internal use I use estriol cream externally and Oestrogel as my systemic product. A lot of women need the full works, so it won't be a problem adding in Vagifem.
JP x

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 10:11:13 AM »

Hi JP hope your well x.can I ask do you find that the estring is an added bonus if your suffering from prolapse.would it make a difference to that or is the size of it not comparable to prolapse support rings.x

Robin

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:17:50 AM »

I've found my prolapse has improved since using estring and hrt together Daisydot. Everything has plumped up and pulled back in, tmi 🙈

Robin x

Daisydot

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:12 AM »

That's great Robin so pleased it's helping you.i have the nhs gynie on the 24th so I'll tackle her about changing to it.xx

Robin

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:37:28 AM »

I should probably have added that I haven't needed to use support rings so don't have anything to compare to size wise but I have all 3 types of prolapse

Robin x

Daisydot

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »

Yes when I'm down there with that demon mirror I'm sure I'm seeing more than I'd  like to be seeing lol.ill not be surprised when gynie confirms prolapse but surgery not happening so like you if estring has multiple benefits I'll hit it that way.thanks again robin.still using eye wipes got consultant on 22nd mays a busy month for me lol.

Joaniepat

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 11:23:11 AM »

The Estring has been ok for me, helps with urgency and frequency, as do pelvic floor exercises, but can't comment on prolapse as don't have one. Still get blips externally but using Ovestin and generic estriol more often now. It was probably my own fault for slacking off with those.
JP x

Patricia

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 11:59:18 AM »

Thank you ladies xxxx

Ljp

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 03:24:28 PM »

Joaniepat, you sound like me, I throw everything at my Va too, oestrogel and Mirena, estring, estriole even had a course of Mona Lisa laser treatment, which helped improve skin quality, still get occasional flare ups though, even with all the above, and without missing using any of it,
Having a sore time at the moment, had been good for ages, an then for no parent reason it flares up....it's for life unfortunately and it's the pits 😟

Joaniepat

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 03:53:53 PM »

Hi Ljp, fun isn't it  ::). Sorry to hear you are having a flare-up and I do hope it calms down soon. I was thinking of having the MLT myself. Did you find it was worth doing?
JP x
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:56:07 PM by Joaniepat »

Ljp

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 04:03:03 PM »

Joaniepat, yes I think it has definitely improved the skin quality, it was very thin and would do,it easily before, and using oestrogen cream used to sting, it dies t now, but I still have to be careful as i think it can cause the skin around my bottom to react.

I use emu oil mostly to keep things comfortable, but when I do get an unexpected flare up, it still panics me, and still dont know what use to help, as I use estring, oestrogel, estriole/ovestin, and emu oil daily.

I try upping the e tee also cream, but that can make skin around my bottom very sore, so I try sudocrem around bottom as a barrier, today I am just using emu oil, and hoping it will settle things down in a couple of days....just need a regime to follow that works, one for maintenance, one for flare ups 😢

Joaniepat

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 04:36:24 PM »

Ljp, glad to hear you found the MLT useful, I'll start saving now! Wish I knew what causes these flair ups, it's hard to know what to do. By coincidence I have just ordered some emu oil, it seems quite popular, so was interested to hear you find it good. I've also ordered some V Magic, one of maryjane's recommendations. Have you tried hydromol ointment as a barrier for the rear end? It is a bit like lard at first but softens up ok. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist.

I saw on another thread that you were concerned about having to stop HRT at 60. I was taken off oestrogen years ago due to the health scares around in the early noughties (totally unnecessary!) but went back on it last year aged 67. So when the time comes, don't let them deprive you. There are women around who use it well into their eighties.
JP x

Ljp

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 10:30:31 PM »

Thank you for that Joaniepat, I've nit tried hydramol, but will look for it, how strange, I ordered vmagic yesterday! 😊 hope it works for us

The emu oil has been a god send for me, always so soothing

Intersting that you were able to go back on HRT at 67, my gp said risks outweigh benefits after 60, but she also has a lady still on HRT at 82!
Can't see how I could cope with all the VA issues without hormonal help.
I'm 53 x
Pages: [1] 2