Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Postmenopausal bleeding, complex hyperplasia w/atypia, hysterectomy scheduled  (Read 4979 times)

Spinifex

Re: Postmenopausal bleeding and sessile polyps?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 03:25:00 AM »

Won't hear anything til midweek next week; but now if anybody out there wants to know how the biopsy thing goes for endometrial sample collecting, I can provide information!

The doctor's manner and bearing, her very practical and straightforward way of being made me feel confident no matter what the results may be--felt as if I were in good hands.

Cassie

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 07:40:04 AM »

Did you have sedation for the biopsy?

Spinifex

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »

No, they used a localized numbing cream of some sort that included novacain and one other substance. I'm sure I'm spelling novacain wrong but it beats my phone's absurd suggestions :) it definitely helped. The only sensations were the usual discomfort of speculum, a slight pin**** sort of feeling when device went thru cervix, and the actual collection of material (which dr said might induce crampy feeling) was not painful at all. She did the procedure 3 times.

Afterward I'd suggest taking Dr's advice and putting feet up and relaxing!  I felt rather sore and tired the rest of say so was glad to do just that. Today I feel pretty good and am even going to a conference locally, though I'll choose not to walk too too much.

Mojo61

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 07:11:48 PM »

Hi Spinifex,

What was the outcome of your biopsy?

Spinifex

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2018, 08:23:34 PM »

Hello! Thanks for asking, i've been preoccupied so haven't checked online much. It was complex hyperplasia with atypia. So I will have a hysterectomy mid-June. It is scary to contemplate surgery, but my biggest fear is their finding cancer. I am clinging to the surgeon's comment that she doesnt' expect to find any. (She is a leader in the field of gynecological oncology, so I dare to think she wouldn't toss off a comment like that uber-casually. Fingers crossed.)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 08:03:29 AM »

Keep us posted. Hope things go well.  DG x

Mojo61

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 09:19:34 AM »

Thank you for the update. I'm sure all will be well x

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »

Hi Spinifex - sorry to hear about this but I am presuming that if they have found complex hyperplasia with atypia - that they haven't found cancer - this is one of the last stages that can lead to cancer I understand? Or maybe because the biposy was from one place, are you (or they?) saying there could still be cancer?

I know it is a scary time but do remember that even if endometrial cancer is found, if caught very early is one of the most successful cancers to treat - a friend of mine had it recently, had a hysterectomy and didn't need any radiation or chemotherpay as it was just confined to the womb. This is why abnormal bleeding is checked becase early detection nakes it so successful in treating the disease.

All the best for your operation and try to find something to do to take your mind of things while you are waiting for the operation. Let us know how it goes...

Hurdity x

Spinifex

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2018, 01:22:36 PM »

Thanks! Yes, correct, they did not find cancer. They told me that of course they can't say 100 percent I may not have it, as things can be found during surgery, but they took 3 samples from 3 different locations in the uterus, so they did get a good set of samples for the biopsy. It's just that unlike when they take your appendix out, and you're just concerned about dealing with surgery, you have to think about this added concern about finding something else...ugh!

I am keeping very busy indeed, doing all the intensive sort of labor I shan't be able to do for ages after surgery...cleaned out a drainage ditch this weekend and dug and weeded and planted, and pulled apart everything in the refrigerator to clean the drawers and shelves...wow, one really does use one's abdominal muscles extensively in daily life  :D It felt good to feel strong.

Lisa1966

Hi spinifex,I hope all goes well with ur op,try not to worry and take care of yourself. Keep us posted

Lisa x
Pages: 1 [2]