Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Postmenopausal bleeding, complex hyperplasia w/atypia, hysterectomy scheduled  (Read 4967 times)

Spinifex

Hello! I am new here--not surprisingly, I found this site as I googled madly to find out  more about postmenopausal bleeding and of course, like everyone else, have myself scared silly that it's going to be terrible news for me. So, trying to bear up and attend to normal job, life, etc. responsibilities. I have read just about every post that exists to date on this site when others have shared this condition, so that's been a comfort.

Just always keen to hear about experiences (btw, I am age 57, about 7  years postmenopausal). My saga started about four weeks ago--the odd small random fragment of pinkish fluff in loo, the occasional pink blush on TP...I thought it had to do with possible yeast infection. After two weeks, made an appointment with the doctor, who couldn't see me til two weeks later. Saw her Tuesday (oddly enough, the day before turned into something like a light period, with a few "red blobs" in loo). Exam showed bleeding from cervix and she says therefore it's inside uterus, whatever "it" turns out to be. Since then, less shedding...as I wait for Tuesday...but yesterday started getting sharp stabby here-and-gone zaps of pain on lower right side (kind of like where I recall mittelschmerz happening).

Nurse on phone quizzed me, was very kind, couldn't explain it, gave advice for when to call/come in/go to ER. not nearly at that level yet. I keep fluctuating between thinking "good, there's  a pain, maybe a harmless cyst" and "oh  no, now it's even more sinister, must be ovarian cancer." Anyone have this particular set of symptoms before going in for ultrasound and getting actual facts to sort it out? Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 01:23:35 PM by Spinifex »

Lanzalover

Re: Postmenopausal bleeding and stabby pains
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 05:00:43 PM »

Hi Spinifex

:welcomemm:
Unfortunately I don't have any advice/experience of this matter but didn't want to just read your post and run.

I am sure someone will be along to offer some advice but in the meantime try not to worry I know that's easier said than done.

:foryou:

Lanzalover x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 06:37:37 PM »

Hi and welcome Spinifix
The GP should have referred you for a scan - have they done this? Any post menopause bleeding should be investigated. Are you on any HRT?  I wouldn't be too alarmed - this can happen but it's best to get the reassurance from a proper investigation.  Let us know how you get on.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 06:45:41 PM »

Hi Spinifix - welcome from me also.

Dancinggirl is right in that you must be referred for a scan just to check out what is happening. Are you in the UK?

You'll get lots of help and friendship on here so please let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Spinifex

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »

Hello!

Yes, I'm scheduled for a scan this upcoming Tuesday, sorry if that wasn't clear.

I'm in the USA. (But have an English hubby :)

Nope, never been on HRT.

This site is great because all the websites just scare the bejesus out of you.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »

It's good to know that you are being given a scan to check what's going on. There are different causes for post menopausal bleeding but, of course, we automatically latch on to the worst one. This forum is invaluable - I'm so glad you've found us!

Taz x  :)

Spinifex

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 12:58:40 AM »

Well, had the scan today, doctor called back and thickness of endometrium is 9.8 mm intermixed with areas of polyps. I am scared to death. Being sent for biopsy next. I keep feeling as if the percentages are closing down further and further. And with my daughter getting married in 3 months time, the timing of all this is horrible...

matildamouse

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 03:10:52 AM »

Wishing you best of luck and hopefully it is just something minor to sort and you can look forward to the wedding.xx

Spinifex

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 04:56:58 AM »

Thanks, that's kind of you  :) the lab report says something about intracystic which googling tells me very little about, except in dogs snd horses!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 06:29:51 AM »

Spinifex
It's good you are getting everything checked. Polyps are very common and are not usually ominous. Do let us know how you get on. DG x

Spinifex

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 01:28:46 PM »

Yeah, it's weird, the report says  no polyps but talks about intracystic. I know what cysts are and that they too can be benign or sinister, but can't tell if they're the same thing as polyps (esp as report says no polyps...but maybe they mean none of the dangly types!). Because my GP on the phone talked about polyps and off the top of her head said something about polyps increasing the chance of it being cancer by 50 to 60 percent, which doesn't sound like anything I've read and then she wasn't able to find the statistic online in her doctor database...so, confusing.

Everything's confusing right now  :-\ Thanks for the support! I can't talk to anybody but my husband in real life now, because I don't want to get everybody alarmed until I know what I'm dealing with. This is a comfort.

Hurdity

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 08:01:33 PM »

Hi Spinifex - sorry to hear you've been given a bit of a confusing and ambiguous diagnosis - and hopefully all will become clear after your biopsy. Try not to worry in the meantime but I know that's easier said than done - I would be the same as you, imagining the worst (despite being normally glass half-full!). Wishing you all the best...

Hurdity x

Spinifex

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »

thanks  :) yes, it is confusing, and waiting for the darn ob/gyn to even call me back and make the appointment is not helping  >:( I know, like you I'm generally a pretty happy-go-lucky person, and it's quite tiresome to have to be in the dumps!

Spinifex

Re: Postmenopausal bleeding and sessile polyps?
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 07:42:06 PM »

Hello, me again! Have an appointment tomorrow morning for biopsy. A question: My doctor (a kind and wonderful woman) scared the crap out of me on the phone the other day because when she relayed the news of my 9.8 mm lining "with intracystic spaces" (but lower down it says no polyps) she said that "because of the polyps" there was a 50-60 percent chance of it being cancerous. Then she could not find the citation she had once read about that.

I have tried not to google lately because it is scary. However, I dared to poke around a bit this morning, and found a radiology report that mentioned hyperplasia with cystic spaces, and it seemed to link that to possible "sessile" (meaning no stalk) polyps. That sounded rather more encouraging (as polyps could cause hyperplasia). And even though I'm trying to boost my confidence, and so would be predisposed to look for Good News, I know I've never yet come across anything saying anything about a 50 to 60 percent greater chance of something sinister.

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on that.

Also, does it matter at all if all my bleeding has stopped? I mean, that's rather nice, but I guess it doesn't matter how much or  how little or how often...even a spot or two means 'get thee to the doctor" if you're postmenopausal.

(Promise I'll come back and help others in future, sorry that this is all me me me right now  ;D

Hurdity

Re: Postmenopausal bleeding and sessile polyps?
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 07:01:26 PM »

Hope your biopsy went well - do let us know the outcome....

Hurdity x
Pages: [1] 2