Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Wits end on HRT  (Read 1752 times)

Rufus657

Wits end on HRT
« on: May 04, 2018, 12:59:51 PM »

Please can you help / advise

I have been on femseven for 11 months and things have gone downhill. I seem to have a period every 10 days. The last was heavy and I felt dreadful

I have been having bad palpitations and very low mood that doesn't seem to ease. I have also put in weight and feel heavy in the legs all the time. I'm 60 and had a late menopause  (57 ) and am on  femseven conti

Just back from the doctor who was cold and unsympathetic and told me to come off immediately. That causes a problem surely. Wont that give me another menopause at speed ?
I am on holiday in a week so can't think of anything worse but have to think of my health. What do I do.

I was feeling great 6 months ago , libido back and energy fantastic. I've gone downhill fast.

Can anyone help me or advise what to do next.

Thanks everyone.

Dancinggirl

Re: Wits end on HRT
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »

If you have been getting bleeding then you should probably have a scan to check your uterine lining.
All conti HRTs can bring problems with erratic bleeding - it seems to happen even more with the patches because I suspect the absorption of progesterone is not sufficient to stop the womb lining from building up.  Anyway, it will be fine to simply stop the HRT but it will probably bring the flushes etc. back quite quickly. Maybe continue for the next few weeks to get you through your holiday and then review. You could ask to have the sequi version for the time being as this would bring a predictable bleed each month and many women prefer this.  The only HRT regime that worked for me in post menopause we the Mirena with Oestrogel - all bleeding and spotting stopped after after the first few weeks and I then had 4 years of no hassle HRT. DG x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »

It would be an idea to trial another type of hrt. Your irregular bleeding should be investigated.

Rufus657

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 03:38:06 PM »

Thanks for your input Dotty and DG

So the palpitations and low mood and brain fog , would this be down to the the HRT ?

I didn't really have hot flushes / sweats before , I took if for low energy and loss libido. I have more night sweats now than ever and I'm knackered all the  time.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:57:04 PM »

Think they are menopause symptoms you are experiencing. You may need a stronger hrt. Oestrogel is a good one.

Rufus657

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »

Ok thank you.

So I'm advised /told ! to come off the HRT immediately. So I won't be able to do anything until I've had a six week break according to my rather unpleasant GP.

It seems that I am scuppered.  :(

laszla

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 11:07:21 AM »

I can't help medically but is there anyway you can see a different gp? Dealing with a glacial doc is not conducive to progress and as in all health matters the therapeutic relationship itself is important.
Mine, for instance, is not that knowledgeable but is sympathetic and amenable - almost more important imo when you have to backtrack and look into alternative hrt routes.
all the best, Laszla