Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Dr knows less about hrt than I do. Help!  (Read 1339 times)

Lisa1966

Dr knows less about hrt than I do. Help!
« on: April 29, 2018, 08:54:32 PM »

I can't cope with this anymore,but don't know what to ask the dr. Do I want to stop hrt or try something else? God it's hot in here. I'm scared to stop as was off work for 8 mths last year with horrific anxiety and suicidal thoughts,I seriously thought I was dying. I need to do something as I work with the elderly and I'm so snappy, luckily I work in the kitchen,but still have to take them breakfast and drinks. I feel so irritable and am experiencing hot flushes and chill, also flu like aches without the cold and headaches. Any advice plz  :'( x

Dancinggirl

Re: Dr knows less about hrt than I do. Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 09:07:54 PM »

You need to see your GP having written down all your symptoms and questions. If these symptoms have emerged since you started the HRT then it would be wise to stop taking HRT to see if things settle. If you are on antidepressants then continue with these but if your symtpms do not settle then ask the GP if these need to be reviewed as perhaps you need a different antidepressant to help with this awful anxiety. You need to find out what works and currently the combination you are using isn't working.  Keep us posted.  DG x

Lisa1966

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 09:22:26 PM »

I don't think it's the ads,but need to check with dr about stopping as had crisis team out last year,for anxiety and suicidal thoughts. Told family I can't go through that again. Thank you for your kind reply,will keep u posted x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:31:50 PM »

Did I reply on another thread  :-\ ........ if so my suggestions stand.

i.e. MIND Charity.  or Samaritans for support.  Have a think about how your mental health has felt for the last 2 years, I have to adjust my medication occasionally when my brain requires more support.  If I feel depressed for more than 3 mornings running then I up the dose for 5 days with my GPs support.

:bighug:

Lisa1966

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »

Hi been to see a different dr today and she has given me a gel in sachets 0.5 mg and utovlan.i think this is a little low,so I rang the pharmacy who went to ask the dr if it was correct,she said she's starting me on a low dose to see how it goes.

Lisa x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »

It's good to start low. Are you doing a conti or sequi regime with combination? DG x

Lisa1966

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2018, 04:12:47 PM »

Hi dg,I'm doing sequi regime,I'm not sure when to start.i have 10 days left of the femoston 2/10 cycle,but have not been feeling well at all,I did ask the pharmacist and she said I could start it today,as long as I take the progesterone tablets for 10 days. I feel I should finish the femoston but can't stand feeling like I do anymore.
          Lisa x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2018, 04:27:54 PM »

I personally feel it's good to take a break when changing from one HRT type and another. The chemist is right - you could simply start the new HRT regime by using the Utrogestan for 10 days straight away alongside the oestrogen  but this might be a bad start as you are straight into the progesterone phase and this might also be challenging - basically out if the frying pan and into the fire. Have you started the combined pills of the Femoston? If so, it might be good to take perhaps another 4-5 days of these pills then take a one week break to allow for a bleed and clear your system before starting fresh with the the new regime. If you look under TREATMENTS in the Progesterone section it explains the sequential regime using Utrogestan. DG x