Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Prof John Studd  (Read 2067 times)

MaritaB

Prof John Studd
« on: April 27, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »

Anyone know how much Prof Studd charges for a consultation and how soon he can offer appointments? My estradiol levels are peaking again (with no hormonal supplements!) which is making my adenomyosis really inflamed and painful. Had a general gynae appointment today, she was very nice but said she  couldn't advise whether a hysterectomy is the best option and needed to refer me to Dr  Harmoda's menopause clinic at king's. I don't know how soon this will be so wanted to get Prof Studd's view in the meantime! Thanks Mx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Prof John Studd
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »

Could you ring his Clinic and ask?

MaritaB

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 07:09:00 PM »

Yes I could, am just being impatient and not wanting to wait until Monday when I can call! Mx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »

Put his name into the search box on here?

Mary G

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 03:29:27 PM »

MaritaB, consulting Professor Studd is a good decision and one I am very glad I made, it really changed my life.  I was on an HRT regime that was worse than useless and he introduced to me to the Oestrogel/Utrogestan/testosterone regime which was life changing for me and my excessive sweating stopped almost like magic!  He also helped me to lessen the effects of my progesterone intolerance problem.  I would definitely recommend him or one of his two colleagues, namely, Dr Mike Savvas or Mr Neale Watson, both of whom are very nice and follow his successful regime/guidelines.

Re costs, it is about £300 (credit cards accepted) and then more if you decide to go for a follow up appointment.  It would be helpful and also cut costs if you can take your own blood tests results with you to the appointment.  They should include oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone and FSH at the the very least and prefererably thyroid and DHEA but that is not vital.

Professor Studd is very pro-hysterectomy in the right circumstances and would be a very good person to consult.  In the meantime, you might want to have a look at his website where he discusses the benefits of a hysterectomy for certain women.

From what I have heard, Professor Studd's practice is extremely busy right now and you might have to wait until June for an appointment.  If you are prepared to see one of his colleagues mentioned above, it might be sooner.

One more thought... how about asking Professor Studd's secretary for a telephone consultation?  That might be quicker. 

Good luck and please let us know how you progress.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:54:21 PM by Mary G »

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 06:12:59 PM »

:thankyou:  Mary G