Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: hypnosis sleep apps for insomnia???  (Read 1311 times)

Peroxideblader

hypnosis sleep apps for insomnia???
« on: April 23, 2018, 10:54:25 PM »

hi there has anyone played a hypnosis recording or app to help them with this awful perimenopause insomnia..I'm 6 years in of being unable to get to sleep before 4am and 3 years of spending a fortune on lotions potions pills homeopathy you name it to no avail. I'm currently supplementing b12 iron and folate as my levels are very low and testing for vit d shortly none of which had helped....but I see literally hundreds of recordings to get to sleep I wondered if anyone had found a good one?? thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hypnosis sleep apps for insomnia???
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 09:46:38 AM »

I was thinking of you when I read an article yesterday about how we over-estimate the amount of sleep we require. 

I have used successfully the tension and relax method: one works all the muscle groups up the body from the toes - stretch (without getting cramp), hold, relax.  Into the calf muscles, into the thigh muscles; belly, arms ........ I have never got to the arms as I drop off.  I also had the radio on by the bed, softly playing music for years ......... gave my brain something to focus on.

Now if I get a 'bad' night I try not to worry ......... I have never made mistakes in my job due to being tired.  I have never been dangerous on the road due to being tired, in the years I was ill with depression I simply didn't get behind the wheel, in case.  The more I focussed on not being able to sleep, the worse it became - if that makes sense?  :-\.

If all else fails, do some housework? Exercise can encourage sleep - apparently  ::)

The noise I wouldn't have by the bed is the sound of the tide, 'cos I would need to get up to the bath room too often.   ::)

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 01:22:15 PM »

Hi Peroxideblader,
I use apps by Andrew Johnson.  He has recently brought out a new website called Holistrio which covers for more than sleeping ( anxiety, depression, low self esteem ).  I find it very good and now can't sleep without it but I suppose it takes a bit of getting used to as I've never used meditation apps previously. My second choice would be Glenn Harold who is also very good.
Hope they help you in some way, I've been using them now for 3 years and they have really helped me xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:35:37 PM »

:thankyou: groundhog

Not sleeping: going to bed thinking that we are facing another long night  :'( : is awful. 

Peroxideblader

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 03:21:59 PM »

thanks both of you. it is catch 22 I do go to bed thinking here we go again no sleep til 4am up down reading back to bed get stressed and upset I can't sleep then I don't sleep because I'm upset and stressed arrgghhhh.
I'll try those apps..my problem is I have to wear ear plugs as my hubby snores off the scale the dog too so I can only put one ear plug in. I did try a cd off the hypnotherapit I used to see it was lovely and relaxing but I didn't sleep just laid there.
I know what you mean clkd about amount of time needed fur sleep I survived on about 4 til my son started school but I used to be a 7 hours a night girl and always a lark..now I get sooooooo depressed as I have to set my alarm for 830 to set 4 half hours and I'm not out of the house til 10...it's awful I'm programmed to be out for 8am...😥