Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ultrasound today petrified  (Read 2595 times)

Dollydream

Re: Ultrasound today petrified
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 11:35:25 AM »

Hi Herbie

My heart goes out to you I've been in your situation and it's horrible, but being fast tracked is a positive thing as you will be seen within a short timescale (for me it was under 2 weeks from GP to ultrasound to hysteroscopy) and if anything does happen to be wrong it will be addressed urgently.  I'm not sure of your current situation, but last year I was sent for an ultrasound following spotting/bleeding after 7 months of being on HRT/mirena coil.  My lining was also 13mm and the lady who did the scan didn't see unduly concerned as I wasn't 100% sure that I was completely through the menopause.  I then received a phone call asking me to go for a hysteroscopy the next day which terrified me as it was so soon and I was convinced there was something badly wrong.  I had the hysteroscopy where they took a biopsy and all was absolutely fine.

Good luck and hope the appointment comes in soon so you can this resolved.  Dolly x

SueLW

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »

I do feel for you.  But you are doing this to yourself Herbie.  You need to get stuck into some kind of distraction.  Go out.  Or do some gardening or clean out the cupboards.  You are spiralling down and down with your own worry.

You said your doctor wasn't worried originally, but sent you for a scan to put your mind at rest.  The operative, who sees this stuff all day every day wasn't worried.  You know the 13mm is within range.  Fibroids are common.  Menopause creates horrible anxiety and depression.  You spoke to your doctor and was presumably still in a mess on the phone so the doctor fast tracked you to get a resolution as soon as possible to stop you worrying.  None of this speaks of danger.  You should have gone to work today to be distracted.  Make sure you go tomorrow.  This is all routine.  You are going to be fine once menopause settles down.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 01:41:46 PM »

Anxiety can cause us to feel really ill and worrying is part of it for some women. 

Let us know how you get on!

Herbie73

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »

So is 13 mm still in the normal range, I was on day 18 of my cycle, the lady who scanned me said oh you get heavy periods, don't you, I said yes then at the end I said does anything need to be done and she said only if you want to put up with heavy periods if not get treatment, she didn't seem at all concerned, I also work with a women who is the same age, she had thickening and her dr said it was age related because everything is winding down, she never got sent for other test, I don't see why I'm any different xxx

Cassie

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »

Yes that can be normal  if you are still cycling.

Charys

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »

Herbie, as you know I'm in a similar position. Deep in periomeno (4 years in), this month spotting for 12 days after period (and another month this year).....heavy periods, which get me down....I've not been offered a scan as it is still deemed as being 'normal at this stage'. I honestly think you'll be fine.  :)

Herbie73

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »

My Drs are so thorough, went to see them today, she said its procedure, didn't seem overly concerned, radiographer didn't even put any notes on the scan for a follow up, it was my dr that decided to refer me, she said its a very common problem at my age, it's just to rule out any problems.xxxx

Mary G

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 07:02:08 PM »

Herbie, it is quite normal for the lining to be thick towards the end of the cycle otherwise where does all the blood come from?  Also, everyone has a different base line measurement and if yours happens to be high then you are starting from a higher number.  It is not just about the measurement either, other things show up on a scan if there is a problem like dark patches. 

I can understand why you are worried but if there was a serious problem you would know about it and there would have been some indication at the scan. 
Pages: 1 [2]