Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Young 41 and Premenopausal  (Read 1742 times)

Cezmay

• First Flush
Young 41 and Premenopausal
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:06:36 AM »

Hello
Im new here.
I've had a hormonal blood test which wasn't good enough, so have to wait another 6 weeks to test again.
I've missed 2 periods since coming off the pill 2 months ago.
I have hot flushes, my mood is horrible, I can't sleep properly. I'm now having feelings of helplessness and becoming more and more depressed. I'm so tearful and am struggling with every day tasks.
I have a 8 year old and a 10 year old. My husband is trying but to be honest it feels like he's had enough.
I exercise and eat quite healthy. I'm taking extra calcium and multi vitamins and star flower oil.
I think if I still feel this depressed next week I'm going back to the Drs.
Can anyone relate!

kissitbetta

Re: Young 41 and Premenopausal
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:10:32 PM »

You sound exactly like me when I started.  I went to the doctor and said I was out of my mind.  Whilst I didn't have intent, I said if I didn't wake up the next morning... that would be ok.

The blood test is of little value.  It's the symptoms that are.  Don't wait to see your doctor and tell them how you are feeling.  Sounds like you would benefit from some medication.  I held off for such a long time but drugs are good!  ;D

Welcome BTW x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Cezmay

Read up all the info on this site to get clued up.  It really sounds as though you have entered peri menopause which can be challenging as periods can come and go, hormones will fluctuate, so symptoms will vary and give all sorts of problems.

Here is a very good article that may help you understand what is going on: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/articles-mainly.php#perils

You are too young to be oestrogen deficient so HRT may well be appropriate sooner rather than later. Your GP should diagnose based on symptoms not blood tests - blood tests for menopause are notoriously unreliable due to the the fluctuating hormones.
There are PCBs that are suitable in peri menopause e.g. Qlaira or Zoely,  - these have bio identical oestrogen so could help with symptoms.  Your GP may not know about these BCPs so you should look these up on the Internet, print of the info and show the info to your GP.   The other alternative is to have a Mirena fitted and use Oestrogel or oestrogen patches alongside - this can be a really good no hassle HRT regime.   In peri one often needs contraception so these two options would be sensible for you.
Keep us posted about how you get on.  DG x

PS My menopause started in my mid 30s -  early menopause is far more common than many think!

Emerald2017

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:26:29 PM »

I absolutely agree with Kiss! Don´t suffer and don't wait your gyn to understand...you are too young and you absolutely need your hormones! My first gyn left me without any help and I had too severe symptoms. I'm 42 and on hrt. It helps a lot!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »

Do read the daisy web-site too though I believe that you have to pay to get info..  Make notes  ;) and let us know how you get on.

paisley

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »

Also coming off the pill 2 months ago will give you some horrible side effects. I agree with the others go back to your doctor & insist on some help. Men don't get it at all. They can't understand how you can suddenly change. If their testosterone rocketed up & down I am sure they would have more sympathy for us women

Cezmay

• First Flush
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 10:32:32 PM »

Thank you ladies,really appreciate all advice. I will see GP ASAP x