Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Flooding  (Read 1961 times)

sadielouise78

Flooding
« on: April 06, 2018, 07:45:47 AM »

Hi, I'm having problems with bleeding all the time.  I'm coming up to the end of my first pack of Evorel Sequi after doing two months on Elleste Duet.  I moved off Elleste Duet as I had been bleeding for over a month so I moved to see if Evorel Sequi would make a difference (and other side effects as well).  But I've found during Evorel Sequi it's got worse.  On day 2 I started 'a period' even though I was still bleeding anyway.  I got period pains and the bleeding was heavier so it was clearly different.  For the first two weeks of Evorel Sequi I seemed to get bad period pains every 2-3 days and the bleeding got worse then eased off but very much still there.  Then when I moved on to the 2nd two weeks I've been getting bad period pains every day and during that time the bleeding is much heavier.  Last night was the worst.  I'd just had a shower after going to the gym and was sat in front of the fire when I started flooding all over the living room rug!  I had the same in the shower a few days ago.  It was just pouring out of me like a scene from Carrie.  It's really getting to me now.  I slept on a towel last night and spent most of the night checking to make sure I wasn't flooding again.  I'm also now passing big clots. 

When I've mentioned about this before it's been suggested I get the mirena coil fitted but I've been down that route before and had terrible flooding on it up to the point at around 9 months where my body decided to try and reject the coil and I was having contractions and the urge to push on all fours on the living room floor so I really don't want to try it again.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,
Sarah x
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:58:10 AM by sadielouise78 »

Dancinggirl

Re: Flooding
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 08:01:49 AM »

Hi Sadie
This needs investigating.  You may have fibroids or a very thickened womb lining.  I would stop the HRT for now to allow things to settle - hopefully the bleeding will stop once you are not taking oestrogen.  Go see your GP as you need a scan and investigations to find out why you get such heavy bleeding.  If you are peri meno, then your own hormones may still be pumping out hormones which will make things worse.  Do you have endometriosis?  You have a history of heavy bleeding and if the Mirena didn't calm the bleeding down (which it often dose) then an ablation may be necessary.
It's no good trying various HRT types without finding out why you are bleeding.  DG x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 08:13:11 AM »

I agree with Dancinggirl. You can't carry on like this and my first thought was fibroids but I can't remember if you've been scanned?

I found that when I had similar bleeding I had to use super plus tampons together with the night time pads which did help to contain the bleeding enough to go to work. At night I would use a tampon and two night time pads (two pairs of knickers). The clots may feel worrying but they are a good sign that your clotting mechanism is working. If you can take Nurofen this has something in it that
slows bleeding.

Taz  :hug: :

sadielouise78

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 10:54:29 AM »

Hi.  Thanks for your replies.  Yes I had scans in January and they showed a very thin endometrium and a couple of small fibroids which goes against the heavy bleeding really.  I've got an appointment to go back to the doctors on Monday so I'll see what she suggests but as it stands I'll be asking to come off the HRT for now and ask about ablation (as this has been mentioned before).

I'll give nurofen or ibuprofen a try.  I do also have tranexamic acid from a previous episode so maybe I should give that a go?

Sarah

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 10:57:02 AM »

How many pads and tampons are you getting through in an hour or has the bleeding lessened now? I'm not sure on the tranexamic acid but someone else may have more of an idea on that.

I agree it seems strange that you have this amount of bleeding with a thin endometrium. How soon after the scan did you begin bleeding?

Taz x

sadielouise78

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 02:36:22 PM »

Hi Taz,

Last night it was 2 super plus in an hour which was quite scary and I didn't want to move far from the toilet.  It's actually eased off to barely anything today but I haven't had any period pains.  It's when the period pains kick in that I suddenly start bleeding heavily.  I've no doubt it'll start again though.

I probably started bleeding maybe 2 weeks after the scan was done and within two days of starting HRT.

Sarah x