Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hello all I’m a new member  (Read 1150 times)

Ginastaunton

Hello all I’m a new member
« on: April 03, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »

I'm 50 in May and been through all the flushes and no period for 3+ yrs. started getting aching bones total lack of libido and feeling low. Dr gave me Elleste which I took for last 3 months wasn't too bad apart from made me quite enraged and started bleeding in 3rd month. Ive has a smear and have to have an intravaginal scan tomorrow! Dr has given me Femoston to start after having the scan and a month break. Worried that I'm going to bleed again which got worse and not better as I'd hoped. Anyone had similar experience? Is Femoston any better for people probe to bleeding with HRT?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello all I’m a new member
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 06:41:40 PM »

:welcomemm:

Firstly:  :cake: Happy Birthday 'cos I will forget, part of being menopausal [we have threads on that somewhere  ::)]

Maybe put the products into the 'search' box on here to see what threads come up?  Someone will be along ........

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 08:17:35 PM »

Hi Gingagee

Sorry you are having these problems with HRT but it is common to bleed during the first six months on any continuous HRT and I expect your GP is just being cautious. You may find that the femoston (if it's Femoston Conti) does cause some bleeding but again it should sort itself out by the six month mark. If not then some women, me included, opt to have a sequi HRT which will give you a monthly withdrawal bleed (usually light) and you will at least know where you are with the bleeding rather than never quite knowing.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Ginastaunton

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 09:50:23 PM »

Thanks Taz,
I will keep that option in mind, hope it doesn't take 6 months don't think I can cope x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 10:06:42 PM »

I had constant bleeding on continuous  HRT which was very wearing I must admit. Not everyone gets that though and things usually settle down quicker than that. I hoped it would put your mind at rest that it is normal though.

Taz x  :)