Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Estrogel query  (Read 1690 times)

lizzog

Estrogel query
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:50:44 AM »

I've been taking Estrogel for about 18 months or so now and getting on with it really well, with mirena for progesterone.

I've picked up a new prescription the other day and noticed that the packaging and product looks different, but the dose is still the same 0.06% 64 dose 80g.  However, the printed label with my dosage on says I need to apply once daily.  I've been applying twice daily since I got the Estrogel originally as I swear that is what my GP told me to do .  I've checked my notes online on system.online, and it clearly says one a day  :o

The surgery will be closed now until Tuesday - I'm going to carry on taking the dose of once in the morning, and once in the evening until I get to speak to them, but wondered is x2 a safe dose to take - feeling slightly confused!

Dancinggirl

Re: Estrogel query
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 12:43:37 PM »

It's probably Oestrodose - just use it the same way you did Oestrogel - it's basically the same thing. 2 pumps per day is the normal dose. It does tend to be confusing when instructions vary.   DG x

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 12:46:10 PM »

Some people put it on once a day and some people put it on twice a day.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 01:04:14 PM »

I use 3 pumps a day and I use two and night and one in the morning, I have used both the Estrogel and Oestrodose.

Optimist

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 01:31:53 PM »

I've had same problem, been given oestrodose not oestrogel and instructions are different but I'm using it exactly the same as I have been using oestrogel 2.5 pumps morn 1.5 at night. There appears to be a manufacturing problem with oestrogel at the moment but my pharmacy is going to try and source some Tuesday.
Lots of women say oestrodose not as effective but I'm going to persevere and hopeful it'll be just as good.

lizzog

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »

Thanks everyone- it's very confusing but I really don't feel ready to drop to one pump a day!!

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 09:53:43 PM »

I would interpret the printed instructions to mean applying whatever your dose is (two pumps in your case) once a day. I don't think it means reduce to one pump. However, a lot of people split their dose morning and evening, so I would just carry on as before.  The label on my Oestrogel just says 'as directed', much easier to understand! These people really know how to confuse one  ::)
JP x

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 06:41:18 AM »

You don't need to drop to one pump a day. It means to put 2 pumps on at once in the morning or carry on as you are doing.