Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hi & Help please  (Read 1272 times)

kissitbetta

Hi & Help please
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:58:23 PM »

Hi thanks for adding me.  I have been lurking but could really do with your input.

I am 45 and was recently started on Elleste Duet 1mg and the white oestrogen days are amazing.  I am "human" again and able to sleep.  Flushes have gone and everything is magical.  The progesterone green days everything is back to hell and if not a little worse :-\  I am tired, evil tempered and shakey.

As the first pack was coming to an end I saw the doctor who asked me to keep going for the 3 months but I don't think I can.  3 days back into the norethisterone and I feel like I am just making myself sick.  I want to stop them immediately as nothing can be this bad.

I have trawled through the pages here and see some people have similar symptoms.  I don't see though what happens if you stop in the middle of the pack?

I am awaiting the person who discusses the Mirena to call me and I am thinking of that and just oestrogen HRT. 

Can anyone tell me what happens when you stop the pill?  Just a bleed?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi & Help please
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »

Does it not say on the leaflet in the packet?

Maybe put the product name into the search box on here to see how others have coped?

Browse round the 'treatment' area above.

:welcomemm:

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:56:30 PM »

Hi kissitbetta  :welcomemm:xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 05:05:28 PM »

Hi kissetbetta

You do need to finish the progesterone phase to ensure your womb lining sheds properly. If you can manage to do 7 days of the progesterone phase before stopping that would be better than nothing.
The Mirena with Oestrogel or oestrogen patch may well be a better option for you. DG x

kissitbetta

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 06:59:45 PM »

Thanks folks.  I will ride it out but NOT go onto the next pack.  That gives me about a week to sort this out.  The Mirena lady is calling me tomorrow.  Even that is likely to be trickstie as years ago I was measured for a mirena in the FPC and apparently my uterus was too small to take a normal one but they were about to release a mini one.  I didn't proceed as the irregular periods started then and menopause symptoms and a polyp that was too big for GP (needed gynae referral).

Would be quite happy if they took my uterus!  It's been nothing but bother!

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 07:58:41 PM »

Hi kissitbetta

:welcomemm:

Yes there is another smaller coil - which can be prescribed off licence for HRT. It contains less progestogen (but the same type as the Mirena) and is known as Jaydess.

Hurdity x

kissitbetta

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 07:29:07 AM »

Thanks for the welcomes and advice.

This morning I can't face putting that pill in me so I can go to work without wanting to hurt someone or cry whilst not having the energy to do either!

Funny, I'm an amazing advocate for getting other people help but need to employ some of those skills for myself! I think that is what I'll do when the mirena coordinator calls OR be forward with one of my doctors at work to help me 👍