News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Soya  (Read 1400 times)

Rosie63

Soya
« on: March 27, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »

Hi all

Bit of a random question but does anyone know if estrodial and/or Utrogestan could have any traces of soya in them.  I'm trying to get to the bottom of why I've got such awful stomach pain and discomfort all the time and as I can't tolerate soya, I'm thinking the biodentical hrt's could have traces in them.

Thank you.

Rosie63

Dotty

Re: Soya
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 12:14:19 PM »

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 02:21:09 PM »

Thanks Dotty. X

Daisydot

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »

Check with your pharmacist maybe? Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

As Dotty says - it is listed as one of the ingredients of utrogestan.

The bio-identical hormones themselves ie estradiol and progesterone are exactly that - pure bio ( body) - identical hormones with nothing else - no traces of anything. However it is what they are mixed with during manufacture of the finished product for prescrption that can also cause problems. Re the estradiol - if it's a tab it will have some sort of fillers, and if gel - some sort of alcohol or other inert goo to enable it to be spread. The progesterone is unstable and can't be made in tablet form so has to be micronised ( sort of ground up small) and mixed in a suspnesion with other stuff. It used to be peanut (arachis) oil but now I think it's sunflower oil and as Dotty says - and says on the leaflet - soya lecithin. This is unlikely to be a problem I would have thought if used vaginally but if you have a digestive allergy to soya then not advised to take it orally. The ingredients are all listed on the PI leaflets in the box.

Hurdity x

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:40:51 PM »

Yes it does contain soya which is why I was advised not to take it due to digestive sensitivity. Even vaginally wasn't recommended.

Taz

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »

Thanks all for your advice.  This may explain why I'm struggling with it. I thought it might be the prog. but I was the same when on the 2 week Estrogel only. I guess that's why it sometimes takes quite a few tries to find something that suits the individual if the medications have different fillers and other ‘stuff'.

You are very knowledgeable, Hurdity.  I could do with having you come with me to my appointments :) :)

Thanks again everybody.

Rosie63