Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on continuous HRT  (Read 1002 times)

willotty

Bleeding on continuous HRT
« on: March 20, 2018, 01:36:43 PM »

Hi,
I have been using Estrogel & Utrogestan continuous HRT since January (I had the progesterone added after an oophorectomy last August), and I have been bleeding non-stop now for FIFTY DAYS!!! It has been heavier rather than lighter this week, & I am really getting exhausted & fed up with it. I know that some bleeding is normal when you change to a new HRT regime, but this seems excessive, & I am now actually wondering whether HRT is worth it at all. Has anyone else had similar problems or could offer some advice? Thanks so much

Mary G

Re: Bleeding on continuous HRT
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:06:18 PM »

Sorry to hear that, it is a long time to be bleeding continuously and it must be getting you down.  Even if you had womb lining build up, that sounds like a lot of bleeding.  Would it be possible to have a uterine scan to see what is going on?  You could ask about stopping the Utrogestan for a while to see if that stops the bleeding and then reintroduce it later perhaps?  Perhaps it would be worth switching to a cyclical regime.

willotty

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 08:36:11 AM »

Thank you Mary G - I think I will make an appointment with the gynaecologist who did my operation, and have a chat with him about it - I am getting rather exhausted by it x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »

I had problematic bleeding when I tried Utrogestan - it's not good at controlling things and stopping the womb lining from building up. If you want a monbleed HRT regime then having a Mirena fitted can be the best option or maybe try Provera instead if Utro as this is a bit more powerful so less likely to case erratic bleeding
As Mary G has wisely suggested, I would definitely ask for a scan to see what's going on with your womb lining and then switch to a sequential regime using Utrogestan if you like this type of progesterone. DG x

willotty

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 01:11:10 PM »

Ok, thank you so much xx