Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Femoston  (Read 2282 times)

nessyj

Femoston
« on: March 14, 2018, 12:13:36 PM »

About me...
Premature menopause from birth, diagnosed @ 27 turning 40 this year.
Was on levlen ed until last November when I switched to femoston conti.
Felt amazing at first but now I'm sure my side effects are from it.  Ocular headaches, brain fog, fatigue, depression, bad nausea.  Thought it was just me but pretty sure it's not.
So now what.  I have osteopenia so it's really confusing to know what to do.  Last option is the Marina coil which I won't do.  Natural??
Struggling to know what to do now.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femoston
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 12:40:17 PM »

What's the problem with the Mirena, is it the thought of something 'up there'?  Do put it into the search box here to see how other ladies have got on with it.

Were you put onto HRT to protect bones and heart?  Do you have regular bone density scans?  Brisk exercise can certainly help [note to self, get out more  ::)].  Do you need to take any supplements?

nessyj

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:48:16 PM »

Shape of my uterus means it my body may not tolerate the coil. 

Hrt for my osteopenia.  I just had my bone scans, I go to hospital for my menopause yearly and then every 2nd for my bone density. 
I do HIIT training 4-5 times a week but the femoston is stopping me when I hit the white pills as I'm too sick so I stopped it. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »

No point in taking anything that makes you feel ill!

No point either in trying to put anything 'up there' that might be difficult or uncomfortable.

What's HIIT Training  ??? ...... sounds like hard work  ;D -  somewhere I have a cycle, upstairs there's a treadmill so the thought *is* there  :whist:

nessyj

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »

I gave it 5 months so a fair shot I think 😀
I feel my body will reject it so I shouldn't do it. 
HIIT is boxing, weights, high intensity & I love it.  I did it for mental health reasons and I've really missed it the past 10 days being sick. 
But geez menopause makes it tough.