Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estriol?  (Read 1283 times)

Abba Fan

Estriol?
« on: March 01, 2018, 04:43:04 PM »

Hi, I'm 51(tomorrow  :D) 5 years postmenopausal, using 4 pumps estrogel, mirena and testim since June 2016. My problem is I'm very itchy down below, I see a private GP so I need to find out what to ask him for. It's not thrush or a urine infection, what's the best thing to ask him to prescribe? Many thanks in advance.

Dancinggirl

Re: Estriol?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 04:48:33 PM »

Multi Gyn Actigel will sort this out - your can get this online.  You probably also need local oestrogen to use regularly e.g. Vagifem and vaginal moisturiser e.g. SYLK or the YES products, will also maintain the flora balance so prevent the itching, soreness, UTI symptoms etc.  DG x

Abba Fan

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:57:48 PM »

Many thanks Dancinggirl.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »

If you specifically want estriol rather than Vagifem ( which contains estradiol - the same as your HRT) as your local oestrogen (in addition to Dancinggirl's other suggestions) then ask for Estriol cream (generic at 0.01 %) or Ovestin which is stronger so you use less (0.1%). Some women - like me - use vagifem (internally) AND estriol cream (for the external bits). I have never used mositurisers but they sound really helpful!

Hurdity x

Abba Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 09:21:37 PM »

Many thanks Hurdity, can I ask why there's different strengths of the estriol? I don't have any discomfort during intercourse, I'm just extremely itchy on the outside.