Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Could I still be peri if FH and LH normal ? (Very heavy bleeding)  (Read 4187 times)

Claireylou

Re: Could I still be peri if FH and LH normal ? (Very heavy bleeding)
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 09:35:13 AM »

Excellent. I'd make a list of any questions you may have. Have a pen handy to jot down any answers you're given. If your gp suggests a refferal(which he should do) ask if you can have the norethisterone up to your gynae appointment. Have you been checked for anaemia? We can get really low on iron very quickly when bleeding like this. Speak to your gp about some iron tablets. You could also ask for tranexamic acid, this would greatly reduce the volume of bleeding. Well, it did for me. I was at least able to get up and move around.

Good luck and let us know how it all goes xxx

Sallyyy

Re: Could I still be peri if FH and LH normal ? (Very heavy bleeding)
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »

Hi Yes - I am anaemic (but I have been regularly over the last few years so I'm used to it.)  I use Spatone - the liquid iron supplement - which works really well to increase my levels back to normal.

I've had a little bleed this morning with bloated abdomen which Im guessing is the start of the 'withdrawal' from the Norethisterone. Im going to start a new thread about this specific topic if that's ok (away from fsh/lh query) so that I can an up to date record with that's happening x
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:18:22 PM by Sallyyy »
Pages: 1 [2]