Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Self-tanning  (Read 2197 times)

annieb

Self-tanning
« on: February 23, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »

Can anyone recommend a self-tanning product (not sure if you are allowed to name products on here but worth a try).  I have very pastey white legs (don't get much exposure to the day light !) and some unsightly spider veins around the bottom of one leg. This years holiday my legs will get to see sunlight WAYHAY)
I've used self-tanning products in the past (the ones that wash off) - just to give a touch of colour and they do help to disguise the veins.  Have also been to a salon and had a spray tan but that was expensive and not a pleasant experience. Can anyone suggest a tanning cream (not a spray) that will I can use at home and will last for 2 weeks

Shadyglade

Re: Self-tanning
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:44:41 AM »

Don't know that I would recommend any annieb.  I tried a couple, a few years back, when I was getting night sweats.  The damn stuff just ended up all over the bedding.  ::)

ellie

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 12:54:36 PM »

I bought a Dove moisturiser last year that had a hint of self tan in it. I found it lasted well, didn't smell of that horrid self tan smell either.....

annieb

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 01:13:46 PM »

Thanks Ellie - does the Dove wash off though - trying to find something that I haven't got to reapply every day

ellie

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 02:57:59 PM »

No it fades off.  Of course if you rub at your legs in the showers in will, just gently wash and I found it lasted about a week.... I don't see it at Boots .....but other sites have it....it's called Summer Glow.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:04:18 PM by ellie »

annieb

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »

Thanks Ellie - that's just what I was looking for  8)

ellie

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 04:34:42 PM »

Sorted 👍🏻👍🏻

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:38:20 PM »

I use the Dove tinted stuff too and its great. I also like Palmers coco butter which is very similar and comes in light- medium and medium- dark and smells lovely.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »

I use the Dove too, though I bath every night and my legs are hardly on show unless it is Very Very Hot for Everso-many weeks  ;D

annieb

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 03:58:57 PM »

CKLD - this is the problem - my legs very rarely get exposed to sunlight and the spider veins are quite noticeable when my legs are their natural colour. Dove sounds good so will be getting that this week.  Normally I won't get too excited about it and I know this sounds a little silly but we are meeting with our daughter's employers and really want to make a good impression.  Not that they will be looking at my legs  ::) but it's a question of feeling confident more than anything else.  Don't want to be "embarrassing" mother .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »

It's a quick fix for me when I have to get into a skirt for a few days  ;D.  The rest of me tans naturally by mid-March as I am in the garden a lot.  But legs ............

jaycee

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 09:22:28 PM »

You say you are sorted now, but i will add,i usually use Dove its very nice, but have gone onto Garnier Summer body,its a lovely smell and now prefer it to Dove,
 also only use it for legs,otherwise i tan everywhere else,i even use it in winter after a bath or shower,looks very natural and isnt expensive

annieb

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2018, 01:35:01 PM »

Thanks jaycee - does the Garnier stay put for a while? Trying to avoid having to reapply each day