Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena Coil and Evorel 50  (Read 6859 times)

jillyt39

Mirena Coil and Evorel 50
« on: February 22, 2018, 09:10:45 PM »

Evening ladies

I have been given Evorel 50 today and i have the Mirena Coil fitted (which i have had for the last 3 years). I have seen some posts on here stating that Evorel 50 should be given to women without a womb, is this correct. My doctors is usually really good with things like this but dont want to start the patch if i need to change it.  :)

Dotty

Re: Mirena Coil and Evorel 50
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 07:26:37 AM »

You are fine with Evorel as you have the Mirena for the progesterone part.

Optimist

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:29:42 AM »

Hi jillyt39
The progesterone in the Mirena will protect your womb lining from building up so if you were having menopause symptoms that's why your gp will have given you the patches (which is the oestrogen) to use. You won't need to change anything. Try them and let us know how you get on.
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 08:34:09 AM »

The Mirena with seperate oestrogen as pills, patch or gel is a great HRT combination.
The only thing you need to do is make sure the Mirena is changed every 4 years when using it as part of an HRT regime. If you look under TREATMENTS on this site, in the progesterone section, you will see all the info on the Mirena as part of HRT.
Enjoy feeling better once the oestrogen kicks in. DG x

jillyt39

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 09:03:20 PM »

Thank you Optimist, Dancinggirl and Dotty, your replies have definitely have put my mind at rest. i dont start them until next week so i will definitely let you know once they have kicked in. x