Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hives levonorgestrel/ethinylestradiol  (Read 1081 times)

Peri-wrecked

Hives levonorgestrel/ethinylestradiol
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:57:05 PM »

Hi all, I'm sorry to be a nuisance but I'm on my 3rd packet of micolite pill 100 levonorgestrel/20ethinylestradiol and this morning I woke with about 20 hives on my legs. I had a few hives last month vut didnt think anything of it. I also cant be certain it's these pills either but it coincides with chest pains and sore breasts. Could be a coincidence. Just wondered if anything similar has happened to anybody. I will finish out my pack and see what happens. Just curious.
Thank you.

Zara69

Re: Hives levonorgestrel/ethinylestradiol
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »

Hello I broke out in hives when I used the Mirena coil which contains levonorgestrel....didn't get very far with my GP at the time who said it was nothing to do with the coil....anyway coil removed...hives gone x

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:40:04 PM »

Thank you Zara69... that is very interesting to hear. Thank you very much for replying. I'll finish out my pack I think and speak to gp about switching then...unless I wake tomorriw with more of course. The pill was helping with my mood and my internal vibrations. Hopefully I can find another one that helps. Thank you

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 04:54:37 PM »

Go and speak with a local Pharmacist.  Have a look at the various types of HRT to see what doesn't contain this particular product.  Then you will know what to ask your GP for  ;), also the Pharmacist can advise on the correct anti-itch cream.

Peri-wrecked

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »

Thank you CKLD,
I spoke to 2 different pharmacists over the last 2 days. Neither were familiar with the pill causing hives but they didnt rule it out. I did read the pamhlet though and it is mentioned although its not one if the more common side effects.I've gotten some calamine lotion and antihistamines and hopefully all will be ok soon. Thank yiu fir your input. I will follow up about changing pill soon if they dont clear up with the other changes I make. Thank you.