Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Feeling really down, is it a side effect of HRT?  (Read 1115 times)

Aileenf

Feeling really down, is it a side effect of HRT?
« on: January 29, 2018, 08:15:58 PM »

Hi folks,

Feeling really down (not suicidal) but could pack my bags and leave (not sure where I would go) however just wondering if it could be side effect of my everol conti patches. 

Had a wee blip after two months but I'm now half way through month 4 have had a period and some breakthrough bleeding at the start.  I have also had a cold for the last 6 weeks with a chest infection for the last three so I'm sure that's not helping. 

Any advise would be gratefully received.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling really down, is it a side effect of HRT?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:01:33 PM »

Hi!  What part of the HRT cycle are you in? Many have problems with Progesterone  >:( - maybe put the name of the product into the 'search' box and see how others fare and read the advice?

Have you needed anything for the chest infection, i.e. Chest X-ray ...... to establish if you require anti-biotic therapy.

Aileenf

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:20:43 PM »

The chest infection has been treated with two different types of antibiotics, chest is clear now (accrodimg to doctor) it's needing time to heal now.  Not sure what u mean by what cycle, I have had no periods for three years so was Post menopausal  but suffering from flushes,  not sleeping and had tried every complimentary remedy out there, was feeling so bad asked doctor for HRT back in October.  All was going well but had breakthrough trace bleed nothing major then started having heavy bleeding so doctor moved to FemSeven which was even worse, lasted two weeks and went back onto everol conti about 4 weeks ago.

Mindfulmoomins

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:10 PM »

Hi, I found I got very anxious and low on Evorel Sequi due to the progesterone which is synthetic (norehistine). However it was great at first. It took about 4 months to build up.

I am now on bioidentical hormones which are supposed to be kinder. The oestrogen in Evorel Conti is bioidentical but norehistine is synthetic.

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope you feel better once you are further along with recovery from your chest infection.

Maybe see your GP about other HRT options if you feel that might be part of the picture. It might not be of course! It's hard to know sometimes at this confusing time of our lives.

Take care xx

MIS71MUM

• Just trying my best!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:01:17 PM »

I would echo what MM says apart from Notheristerine made me depressed. I was fine to start off with, then it built up.
You could be sensitive to the changes of patch, Oestrogen to combi, then combi to Oestrogen.

Have you looked at the decision trees on treatments page, it could offer you an alternative, maybe a continuous progesterone may be better for you.

Aileenf

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:31:22 AM »

Thank you, not too sure I have found the treatment pages could you provide a link please. 

Joaniepat

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 08:55:37 AM »

Aileenf, click on menu and the treatment heading is shown there.