Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: What are the symptoms of too little oestrogen?  (Read 1503 times)

Bettythecat

What are the symptoms of too little oestrogen?
« on: January 21, 2018, 02:22:47 PM »

Hello
I'm 53 Peri and only 4 months or so on HRT - Evorel Sequi patches. It's working well I think and my various symptoms have all improved - low mood, short term memory, libido, anxiety, night sweats (not severe). It took me 3 months of worsening symptoms plus a few new ones like spots and sore breasts but I think I'm getting there. I'm also conscious of how fortunate I am considering some of the awful symptoms some of the people on this forum are struggling with. So I don't take my position for granted. I do feel however that a few symptoms are still there - mainly lack of sleep due to very early waking and also the overall low level anxiety related to feeling frightened about the future (a non specific fear about living an empty pointless life and being lonely in the future although I'm not lonely now but very often alone). Do you think these are things I should just put up with and be grateful the HRT has given me some improvement, or could I do better? Maybe the feelings I describe are nothing to do with menopause and just reflect where I am in my life? Your thoughts and experiences would really be appreciated. Thanks xxx

Abba Fan

Re: What are the symptoms of too little oestrogen?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:48:53 PM »

COMMON SYMPTOMS
Hot Flashes
Night Sweats
Irregular Periods
Loss of Libido
Vaginal Dryness
Mood Swings

CHANGES
Fatigue
Hair Loss
Sleep Disorders
Difficulty Concentrating
Memory Lapses
Dizziness
Weight Gain
Incontinence
Bloating
Allergies
Brittle Nails
Changes in Odor
Irregular Heartbeat
Depression
Anxiety
Irritability
Panic Disorder

PAINS
Breast Pain
Headaches
Joint Pain
Burning Tongue
Electric Shocks
Digestive Problems
Gum Problems
Muscle Tension
Itchy Skin
Tingling Extremities

OTHERS
Osteoporosis
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:32:41 AM by Abba Fan »

Daisydot

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 03:19:44 PM »

Hi Bettythecat I'm glad to hear your having some positive results and if i were you I'd focus on that and the other stuff just put it down to life's blips,we all have them but in the main I'd say your progressing well and the mind is a bugger it's like a permanent war zone that you can either lie down to or fight,I choose to fight and I've had some real battles like everyone else on here but you can't give up.Im doing pretty good on my little regime it's not perfect but it could be worse and when I have my “doubt”days I just have to say sh.. happens and tomorrow can only be better.Im still tryin* to find that solution that lets me sleep right through and wake up in the morning have a good stretch and say right time to get up and make a start but I'm maybe 75% there I'd say,if I stretch I usually pull something or I wake a couple of times to feel my arm locked up round my head or cramps in legs and I really don't want to get up but then I remind myself I have the ability to make that choice.sometimes all we need is to be able to express those things and get them out of our heads and that helps too.keep posting keep reading and at some stage you'll feel like you are knocking more and more off that cracking list that abbafan gave you.print it and stick on fridge door and tick them off as you recover and that will fill you with positivity as the mind likes us to forget the positives.good luck your getting there xx

Bettythecat

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:36:10 PM »

Thank you so much for your thoughtful replies. It reassures me that I'm heading in the right direction and as Daisydot says it's a war zone some days - such an apt description 🙄. I too choose to fight it. I'm fortunate not to be stricken by depression so I can make that choice. AbbaFan this is a super list. I'm going to print it off and tick it as I go along and also share it with my friend who has her first hrt consultation with her gp on Tuesday after being inspired by my experience. She's suffering really badly with forgetfulness. Thankfully we can laugh about it - she wrote her own note of what she wanted to tell the GP and then gave it to her daughter instead of her shopping list. Her 17 year old daughter was struggling to find libido in the supermarket 😂
Sparkle you're so right about this dismal January. I have hardly left the house this weekend and feel down and stir crazy and unable to enjoy having nothing to do. Can't wait for the lighter nights and a bit of sunshine. That will do everyone good I'm sure. Thanks for your kind replies xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 08:07:31 PM »

Bettythecat - it's early days yet - give the HRT more time to work its magic. I'm aftaid the anxiety you feel is quite normal and poor sleep may improve in time. DG x