Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: No reply to question but lots of views  (Read 1708 times)

kazamia

No reply to question but lots of views
« on: January 17, 2018, 06:05:35 PM »

Hi just a quick note..
I was all up in the air about my hrt.. so posted a question.Lots of views but no replies really diappointed as it was only my second post 😔
So I am bowing out of the forum to look for help elsewhere.. Kind regards..K.

Hurdity

Re: No reply to question but lots of views
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 08:13:12 PM »

Heavens!  Give us a chance! There are no staff who answer the queries, nor even "official" volunteers - we all have busy lives and are just members like you and all posts get answered eventually.  There are huge numbers of members and lots of posts! We all try our best! Anyone who needs an answer urgently ie within hours should contact their GP! Those people that view and don't respond may actually not be members so not able to post, and some who read but do not post may not be able to answer..... I hope you find the advice you are looking for :)

Hurdity x

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »

It is always worth bumping a post if it slips too far down the  list  :bounce:

Or posting on New Members where a new member's post is more visible.

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 08:48:55 PM »

Hurdity I can vouch for you, not that you need it. You have graciously answered loads of my silly questions.
That person really didn't give it time.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 09:41:01 PM »

I have always wondered whether non-members who view the posts are counted? If so they have no way of actually answering any query.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 01:08:44 PM »

I replied to a new member last week - it was 5 days since she originally asked her question  >:(

suziq99

• GBX Marine
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 03:10:21 PM »

And you might read it & not have an answer.  :o

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 04:43:48 PM »

There's always one of these though :  :bighug: and the advice to look at the 'treatment' area above or put your query into the 'search' box on here!!

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »

There's always one of these though :  :bighug: and the advice to look at the 'treatment' area above or put your query into the 'search' box on here!!

True.... but only if you are logged onto the forum or have the time CLKD.. ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »

Exactly suziq99

I replied to a new member last week - it was 5 days since she originally asked her question  >:(

Why the angry face CLKD? No-one should (be made to) feel guilty for not seeing or replying to every post! After all - you missed it too! I see some posts and I'm not interested in them - especially in the chat sections which I hardly ever read. Yes a hug is great.

As I said before - we all have busy lives and do our best and are all members like anyone else - we are all equal - no hierarchy, no official "responders", no obligation. Sometimes I only manage 3 replies in a day or visit - and sometimes only one - and some can take up 30 mins to write especially if you are looking stuff up, and some days....I  may not even visit the forum or even several days.....same for other members.

The best idea is for the OP to bump the post (except that emoticon is one of my pet hates - silly!) - and then it would get to the top.

Newbies - how to do this - just find your original post and click on reply and type BUMP into the box and post - lo and behold it comes to the top!

Hurdity x :)

racjen

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 06:27:40 PM »

Thanks Hurdity, I didn't actually know how to do that (bump) but will use it in future if feeling overlooked! x

lollipop

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 06:37:25 PM »

Well said when I first posted I didn't get replies immediately but when I did get replies sometimes it wasn't a answer to my question but a friendly chat everybody is busy,I have made a good chat with clare11 which we bounce off different though not always memo even just general stuff but it can take us days to get back to each other patience is a virtue and it pays off cuz someone will come along with a answer 😊xxx

Optimist

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 07:55:27 AM »

You sometimes don't get replies but when you don't you can use the search box of look in different areas of the forum for the answers you need. Mostly I've had brilliant responses and as you've all said this is a members forum and we are all so very busy juggling busy work/home lives. I've looked on other forums but this one is second to none and it's fantastic for the correct advice whether medical or just seeking support when feeling poop!
I thank each and everyone of you ladies for the help and support I've received and I try to give back as well by responding to questions that I may be knowledgeable in 💐 xx