Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Irritated [irritating?!] bladder!  (Read 4344 times)

rebel2

Irritated [irritating?!] bladder!
« on: January 10, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »

Having just been asked for an inspirational pm by another member I find myself slipping back down a bit.  I have had a fantastic run of three months anxiety free but am sinking back again as I have a strange bladder irritation that is worrying me.  I did have it two and half years ago and after several visits to the GP, several clear UTI tests and a clear ca 125 test I was told it was just 'anxious bladder'.   It went away of its own accord.   Now it's back, together with a cold and I feel a bit crap.  Am trying not to google and am nowhere near as anxious as I used to get [which in itself is a major step forward].  I just wanted a moan!

If it is still bad in two weeks I'll go to the docs but am just assuming it is viral or wind related or just a minor bladder irritation. 

Anybody else get this??  It's not VA or thrush.

dahliagirl

Re: Irritated [irritating?!] bladder!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »

Oh yes - I use vagifem, but I still have off-phases.  I need to drink plenty of plain water during this time (I find it soothing) and avoid irritating drinks.  Constipation does not help (and neither does movicol, in the short term but worth it for the constipation relief).  I have been offered anti-muscarics, but these cause more constipation and since it is episodic, I don't want to add to my misery.

Have a glass of water by you and drink from it as you want during the day.  A bit of bladder stretching for a day helps.

rebel2

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »

Thanks - am drinking litres of water! 

Jemp

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:44:36 PM »

Same here! I am having a 'blip'. Doing a top up of Vagifem( had gone to twice weekly) and hoping it will pass.

rebel2

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 11:25:39 PM »

Thanks.  I think it might be wind related as my stomach blows like a balloon in the evenings.   I really hate bloating.  I'm still trying not to panic...

rebel2

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »

I think I might now have thrush.  This is what happened two years ago, I had bad thrush and an irritated bladder, then piles.   :-X  Am hoping it is all linked in some way, then if I get rid of the thrush everything might settle down.

Trying really hard not to catastrophise.  Weirdly enough, it is reassuring when I get something for the second time as I can tell myself it passed last time, so it will again!

Annika

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »

Had an irritated bladder for six weeks last September...first started out as a UTI but then still didn't go away after that. Saw several doctors tried to explain the amount of pain and urgency I was in but was given take an Ibuprofen and here's some more antibiotics. I could have screamed it was that painful and of course when its like that no sleep either just getting up and sitting in the bath. All I can think was I was dieting a low carb diet and drank a zero sugar soft drink that had citric acid in it and thought that might have triggered it. Now I stay to drinking water just in case. Hope you can solve your problem rebel sooner than later.

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 08:33:38 PM »

Hello ladies.

I thought I would comment here even though my bladder is fine so far that is  (  I hope you don't mind).

I was struck by the comments about symptoms coming back at odd times. At the moment I am going through a phase of nausea, it's happened before but I have no idea why or indeed why it goes away again. My friend also has " this too shall pass "  philosophy but it doesn't stop me being frustrated by it all! Perhaps this is all part of the process with various cells responding to changing hormone levels at different times. Who know eh? It's all such a mystery!

Sorry to read that you are having bladder issues ladies and I hope you all feel better soon.

Take care all.

K.

rebel2

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 11:33:54 AM »

Thanks Kathleen and Annika.

I suffer terribly from health anxiety that started in earnest about four years ago when I had my first panic attack out of the blue.  Since then i've Imagined every illness possible with every little symptom minutely examined and concentrated on until I am a nervous wreck.  I have had little windows of calm wellness and they were getting longer and longer, recently as long as three glorious months.  And then this.  I had exactly the same 2 years ago and went to and from the docs to no avail.  My doctor ended up telling me it was just an anxious bladder as no UTI and the ca125 test was clear.

I've also had several bouts of trapped wind under my left rib with accompanying bloating - it always goes eventually.

Is this just my body's way of adjusting to menopause?  Although I do take 1mg oestrogen hrt.

Will soldier on, but am not good with illness.  Started coughing yesterday so can add that to health anxiety list!

rebel2

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 08:17:46 PM »

This irritated bladder went away after a week, to be followed by a bout of trappped wind, IBS stomach type issues after a bad patch of anxiety.

I'm now back with the bladder thing, worse than ever.  Is it related to wind/stomach issues (which I think is caused by anxiety)?   No diarrhoea at all, just bloating.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 09:55:21 PM »

This irritated bladder may well be the start of vaginal atrophy! so get appropriate treatment and try for 3-4 months.  It mimics urine infection-type symptoms well and there is little way of knowing .......... as oestrogen levels drop so the body may become dry: nostrils, deep in the ears, skin, vagina, eyes ........... so until symptoms begin, we don't know what that irritation may be caused by.

I have irritable bowel syndrome which presented as bloating and intense nausea.  Not related to vaginal atrophy!

rebel2

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 10:08:55 PM »

No, I haven't got VA.  I don't have urine infection type symptoms, just pressure on front of bladder.     :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 10:17:46 PM »

I get that when symptoms of VA are going to be troublesome  :-\.  Like there's something pressing on the bladder and bowel from inside ........

rebel2

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »

I've had it checked, it isn't atrophy...

Dorothy

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2018, 10:04:36 AM »

I get a kind of soreness/discomfort and pressure feeling though it's not an infection.  I've found that stress and diet are the two things that trigger it.  (I had some bad news last month about a family member and again about a friend and within minutes of hearing the news, my bladder started acting up!)  Cutting right back on caffeine, spicy or acidic foods (no oranges, gherkins or pickled onions!) helps, as does camomile tea - I drink 3 cups, one after the other, on the first day and then have a cup a day until I'm back to normal.

Camomile can actually cause irritation instead of easing it if you overdo it when things are normal, so I don't usually have more than one mug a day, but with an acute flare up, I find drinking more of it helps.

Pages: [1] 2