Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Chatty thread 2 - worst Christmas present?  (Read 1988 times)

bramble

Chatty thread 2 - worst Christmas present?
« on: December 28, 2017, 11:38:17 AM »

What was your worst Christmas present ever???

Mine? A china cat from my mother - it was, and is, awful!! Oh, and a huge plastic cat from someone else! It stands about 18 inches high!

Bramble

Annie0710

Re: Chatty thread 2 - worst Christmas present?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 01:10:57 PM »

I can't think of anything I have received that I've hated but my worse nightmare present WOULD BE ...... a spa voucher .    It's just not me, I love makeup etc but parading about in a dressing gown and saunas etc aren't me.  Saunas make me feel sick and faint

Salad

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03:40:39 PM »

I can't think of anything I have received that I've hated but my worse nightmare present WOULD BE ...... a spa voucher .    It's just not me, I love makeup etc but parading about in a dressing gown and saunas etc aren't me.  Saunas make me feel sick and faint

I have never had a 'treatment' in my life but one of my best presents this year was a membership to a Spa - my idea of heaven is to chill by one of the pools either taking someone with me to chat with or possibly even better, on my own so I can listen to my book  ;D

My worst present - a large box of fancy chocolates.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »

So far none. 

M in L gave me table spoons one year as we hadn't any - I think DH 'had a word' as she didn't repeat those types of ideas whereas I could see where she was coming from.  Not much money on either side and it was something that we needed  ::)

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 11:57:07 PM »

I have never had a 'treatment' in my life but one of my best presents this year was a membership to a Spa - my idea of heaven is to chill by one of the pools either taking someone with me to chat with or possibly even better, on my own so I can listen to my book  ;D

Aw that's lovely for you. 

Salad

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »

Aw that's lovely for you. 

Thanks Annie
I found out last night my best friend has also got a membership - so I now have a spa sit-and-drink-coffee-by-the-pool buddy. Guess our husbands want some quiet time   :rofl:

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 04:57:56 PM »

Aw enjoy every moment of it all x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »

Rockhopper - bottles make good raffle prizes  ;).  Then buy yourself something you really, really like - and tell the people VV close to you to get their butts into gear, accept that you don't like the stuff and next time, hand them back!  Maybe that's what they are hoping for ?  ;).  I have got beyond "It's the thought that counts" .......... when it's obvious that not much thought has actually gone into their choices to me  ;D

Daisydot

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 06:40:20 PM »

A girls annual with no pictures in it,I hated it I wanted a bunty annual or a Judy annual or even oor Willie or the broons annuals but not one with no pictures in it lol

getting_old

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »

A dolls pram. Not what I asked for, but what my mother thought I should have. I wanted a toy car!!