Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Duet 1mg to Duet 2mg  (Read 1410 times)

Poppi

Duet 1mg to Duet 2mg
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »

Hi,
Not been on forum for ages, just felt physically unable to look at almost anything in the last few months, but after reading Lorraine Kelly's article in the current MM magazine, I decided to be pro-active and saw the GP today asking to increase my HRT. Couldn't see my regular GP but was desperate and fortunately he agreed to change from Elleste Duet 1mg to Elleste 2mg. I feel better now after the most awful day today, with visitors arriving this evening, tomorrow and Friday - I have been crying most of the day, dreaded getting out of bed as I felt like 2 tons of bricks and didn't even fancy a chocolate biscuit or remotely anything naughty but nice. My problem is the chemist have to order in the 2mg pack - can I take 2 of the 1mg (green pill) for 2 days or is that bad?

Also, do you think it is enough of an increase to be much help? I know we are all different, I'm just wondering if any lady has been in a similar position :)

Thanks girls,
                Poppi  x

Dotty

Re: Duet 1mg to Duet 2mg
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:01:17 PM »

Are you post meno? If so you could go onto Elleste Duet Conti x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »

Hi there Poppi - I remember you! Which are the green pills? If they are the oestrogen only then no problem at all. If they are the combi ones then you are also giving yourself double the progestogen - which is norethisterone. No problem if you are OK with this but you might get some side effects. If you are going to double  the 1 mg dose while waiting for the 2 mg tabs to come in, then best to do this on the oestrogen only - otherwise you won't know whether your side effects are due to increased oestrogen ( which should be temporary) or the progestogen - which could be temporary or maybe not! However you might feel absolutely fine whatever you do!

You can go on conti HRT if post-meno but some of us opt to remain on cyclical HRT (even into our 60's as I do) - because of not wanting to take progestogens all the time due to their potential energy sapping, foggy-head inducing effects!

At this time of year it is so important to do "naughty but nice" - especially those of us who watch our diets most of the time  ::)

Hope it does the trick for you....and I expect you might get some more replies - although many will also be getting a bit frantic by now!

Hurdity x

PS I just had another idea - even if you are on the combi tabs - the fact that the norethisterone dose is the same for 1 mg or 2 mg means you can just add a 1 mg oestrogen only tab across the whole cycle - if you have enough to do this and hoping they come in before Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:23:37 PM by Hurdity »

Poppi

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:00:13 PM »

Hi Dotty and Hurdity,
Thank you for your replies, it's such a relief to read them and not feel I'm going absolutely bonkers    :'( 

I am post meno (no period for nearly 4 years?) and will check the info leaflet right away about the green pills. Yes, the green pills are as you say, the white ones are estradiol (I'm away to look that up now, guessing they are oestrogen but want to check first)

Poppi x

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 07:33:35 AM »

You could go onto Elleste Duet Conti then which means you wouldn't have a bleed