Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi wrong order  (Read 3419 times)

hereandthere

Evorel Sequi wrong order
« on: December 16, 2017, 02:51:41 AM »

Hi Everybody
I'm in South Africa, 48 and just started first time on HRT after a few months without periods (and worsening symptoms). My gynae says FSH levels show I have moved from early to late transition since June this year. Been prescribed Evorel Sequi and started 2 days ago. (Two days two nights).
The problem is that in my haste I applied a Conti patch instead of a 50 patch. Feeling fine so far. Must I just carry on and do Conti next time and then take the 50 (ie reverse order), or must I take the 50 as my second patch?
Not sure if this is relevant but I applied the patch the day after a period, (which happened after a few months of no periods.)
Thanks in advance for any help. So glad to have found this site.

Hurdity

Re: Evorel Sequi wrong order
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 06:08:08 PM »

Hi hereandthere

:welcomemm:

If you've had a few months without periods then it probably doesn't matter when you start and which one you start with - in that you won't be trying to tie in the HRT cycle with your own cycle. That being the case I would just always now do it the wrong way round! In other words - do the two weeks of conti followed by two weeks on Evorel 50. If your womb lining has built up during the times you haven't been ovulating then you may get some bleeding even while on the combi phase of the regime - but just carry on 2 weeks then 2 weeks of oestrogen only and hopefully your body will gradually acclimatise.

I hope it works for you and your symptoms soon abate :)

Hurdity x

hereandthere

Re: Evorel Sequi wrong order
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »

Thanks so much for the advice.
I had to change it this morning so I just went with another Conti, which luckily matches your advice😀
I suffered 10 years of hot flushes! Apparently I'm one of a small percentage of women very sensitive to any hormone fluctuation. (I also vomited throughout my two pregnancies). But these have got worse, plus insomnia, headaches, dizziness and just recently nausea attacks lasting only about two minutes. I had felt no change on the Conti, but last night, being only my third night, I felt a bit nauseous and also a little ‘buzzy' for a few hours. Was in the sun though for hours before then, so could have been that.
Thanks for the additional information!
Xx  :)

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:20:31 PM by hereandthere »